Behind the scenes: Bills draft room

YoloinOhio

We will have the best CB duo in the league by December and for the next 3-5 years.

That is a necessity in this conference.

The only contenders with a defense like this is the Chargers and maybe the Browns

I can't take either team seriously right now as they are doing it by bringing in guys looking to get paid and are so elite at what they do they've been traded twice (Mack.)

And I think the Broncos D is grossly overrated.  It's ok.  Just not this force the media hypes it to be.  No way. 

Team comradare matters.  The other teams will look like sure they have it to some extent.  

But no way is there any team in the league with a locker room like this as talented as this.  

That's what we have over everyone else. 

Oh yea and 17. 

1 hour ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

McD looks like a he wants to marry him once he starts explaining his notebook. You can see McD right at the end of that section trying not to smile and doing everything he can to restrain his glee. 

Lol spot on! 

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Might be part of the full embedded video.  At least hopefully.

Yes, I think this is just a teaser for the full "Embedded" draft video to air later---as the final title card said "Buffalo Bills Embedded: Coming Soon"

Love seeing inside the draft room, player meetings, and when the players arrive, etc. The Bills media team under the Pegulas (PSE) is top notch.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BTB said:

Not sure if this was happening at OBD during the live shots, but some of the war rooms were way over the top in terms of hugs, handshakes, fist bumps and high fives after making a pick.  It seemed more ridiculous especially for Day 3 picks. 😂

I honestly think they ask these guys to look a little animated for the cameras. All about that production value and trying to make things exciting or important or dramatic as possible. 

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Definitely would be interesting to see the unedited version.   Everything we hear from these guys is that they collaborate on everything, so if we saw ten or 15 minutes unedited, I'd guess that Beane was prowling the room, talking to people.  I don't think Beane made the decision without a lot of input, but I was interested, as you, in his decisiveness.  No fear.  Just answer the question and make the call.  

Interesting also to see them using their draft value chart to make the decision.  Overpaying by literally a few points did not phase Beane in the least.  He wasn't going to let pennies get in the way of what he thought was the right decision.  

Weren't they saying that two picks would have been overpaying by a few points, so they decided to only offer the 4th because he thought just the 4th would get it done? That's how I interpreted it. I'll have to watch that part again.

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Weren't they saying that two picks would have been overpaying by a few points, so they decided to only offer the 4th because he thought just the 4th would get it done? That's how I interpreted it. I'll have to watch that part again.

Ooh, you may be right about that.  I understood that on publicized chart, the fourth was overpaying a bit, also, but I might be wrong about that.  

13 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Ooh, you may be right about that.  I understood that on publicized chart, the fourth was overpaying a bit, also, but I might be wrong about that.  

I watched it again. They were saying the fourth and pick 185 would be overpaying by five points. Then they said "being that close, the fourth should get it done" and they all agreed. 

And then when Beane was on the phone with the Ravens he only mentioned pick 130 as part of the trade. So I bet the Bills came out ahead in the value according to whatever chart they were using, ultimately.

• Disagree 1

51 minutes ago, julian said:

McDermott was actually giddy and even had to perform a thigh squeeze to contain himself, that self scouting book Elam whipped out was a direct shot of euphoria into McDermott’s veins 

Was just about to list the same thing. Definitely a 'gotta hide my arousal' thigh squeeze. 

Edited by Vertig0
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

This video says it all.  Dude has a notebook at the Combine of how each receiver beat him, techniques they used, and how he will counter that technique next game.  How do you not move up to grab him?  Interesting that they were talking about "points".  Good to know all those draft "points" charts aren't just so much bull####.  Great look inside the inner workings of the draft.  

Reminds me of another player who plays (played?) for us, a defense lineman, who had a book with every play he played, what he could have done, etc. 

I cannot remember player's name.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.