Behind the scenes: Bills draft room

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

All teams use it. That’s well known. But no team is using their grading system or taking their comments about quarterbacks nicknamed after a bird seriously 

All teams use some things and services licensed by NFL as a whole like M$ pads. 

Some use them more than others. Bili-Cheat is known for using his pad as a shot put.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

We will have the best CB duo in the league by December and for the next 3-5 years.

That is a necessity in this conference.

The only contenders with a defense like this is the Chargers and maybe the Browns

I can't take either team seriously right now as they are doing it by bringing in guys looking to get paid and are so elite at what they do they've been traded twice (Mack.)

And I think the Broncos D is grossly overrated.  It's ok.  Just not this force the media hypes it to be.  No way. 

Team comradare matters.  The other teams will look like sure they have it to some extent.  

But no way is there any team in the league with a locker room like this as talented as this.  

That's what we have over everyone else. 

Oh yea and 17. 

The Kansas City Chiefs will beg to differ,

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

OMG Beane and McDermotts faces in the interview when he hauls out that notebook.  "don'tsmiledon'tsmiledon'tsmile"

7 hours ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

McD looks like a he wants to marry him once he starts explaining his notebook. You can see McD right at the end of that section trying not to smile and doing everything he can to restrain his glee. 

Exactly

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Beane too. They were looking at that notebook like marcel dareus look at a buffet 

😅

14 hours ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

McD looks like a he wants to marry him once he starts explaining his notebook. You can see McD right at the end of that section trying not to smile and doing everything he can to restrain his glee. 

He had McDermott at "do you guys wanna see my notes?" 

The Terrance Gray and Brian Gaine film session bit was so obviously staged though. And neither of them will be up for best supporting actor any time soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I’d love to see what happened in the second round and the decision making to continually trade down but I have the feeling that won’t make the cut. That’s the most intriguing part of trade night from a Bills perspective for me.

Love that video though. Getting Shakir in the fifth has offset the loss of the fourth and reaching for Bernard - and I can fully see why we traded up for him.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He had McDermott at "do you guys wanna see my notes?" 

The Terrance Gray and Brian Gaine film session bit was so obviously staged though. And neither of them will be up for best supporting actor any time soon.

Gaine seems like the most un-interesting person on the planet. Maybe being in Houston crushed his soul. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Gaine seems like the most un-interesting person on the planet. Maybe being in Houston crushed his soul. 

True although before he got involved Beano and Gray were sending two picks to Baltimore to move up 2 spots! I have to say Gray didn't fill me with a lot of confidence from that video. Granted it was his first time as the "2nd chair" and he is allowed to feel a bit nervous but compared to the absolute calmness personified of Joe Schoen in recent years (and let's be frank we all knew he was a GM in waiting) Gray seemed to be flapping a bit based on that video.... and that is the edited version. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Pretty sure McD had to hold his own notebook in front of himself when getting up!  Flashback to 5th grade problems.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

True although before he got involved Beano and Gray were sending two picks to Baltimore to move up 2 spots! I have to say Gray didn't fill me with a lot of confidence from that video. Granted it was his first time as the "2nd chair" and he is allowed to feel a bit nervous but compared to the absolute calmness personified of Joe Schoen in recent years (and let's be frank we all knew he was a GM in waiting) Gray seemed to be flapping a bit based on that video.... and that is the edited version. 

Agreed. Gaine was a pretty calming influence. So boring is sometimes better!

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Everyone’s commented on a lot of stuff in that video but the thing I find funny is that they’re all sitting there in suits and ties. Feels more like it should be a shorts and T shirts kind of a LONG weekend to me! 😉

The general rule of thumb is suits and ties day 1. Jacket and jeans day 2. Team gear and comfies day 3. 

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

But he’s definitely second in command now with Schoen gone, interesting for the Pro Personnel Director to be running point on a lot of the draft day stuff.

52 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

But he’s definitely second in command now with Schoen gone, interesting for the Pro Personnel Director to be running point on a lot of the draft day stuff.

He is yea. He was in the 2nd chair Schoen role and Gaine was in the 3rd chair Morgan role. Gray came from the college side. He was Director of College Scouting but he is now Assistant Director of Player Personnel which I think puts him across both college and pro. 

I wanted the media to ask Beane about that at one of his pressers like "how will you run the desk who will 2nd chair?" etc but sadly no such luck.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.