Why is Justyn Ross radioactive?

FireChans

2 hours ago, InEnemyTerritory said:

The worst thing that happens is he gets hit a little too hard and dies.  Dude is a ticking time bomb

I haven't a clue whether or not this is true.

But the doctors do.

And if possible, it would be an excellent reason for teams to stay away. 

Bottom line is that this is up to the doctors, the liability lawyers, the teams and the league's concerns over possible horrendous consequences and whether the possible high ceiling and terrific rewards are in fact impossible. The doctors know better than we do, and the teams are making a different decision than you folks are if death is actually on the table (and again, I don't have a clue, but I haven't seen anyone in the thread who seems to know either).

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mike in Horseheads said:

Who wants to get hung with a contract when he gets hit the first time.

This is his ‘21 highlight film.  He’s not going to die the second he gets hit. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, FireChans said:

So Justyn Ross, best WR for Clemson 3 years ago. Has a back injury, they find a congenital issue, which they say is the reason teams are staying far away.

But he came back and played with Clemson. Sure he had a bad year, but he had a lingering foot injury and their entire offense was a DISASTER. 

So why was he good to play for Clemson but radioactive in the NFL?

My understanding from what I'm reading and hearing is the the spinal condition that will require surgery, what team is going to want to cover this surgery that he may never recover from? The reality is there are other options with much less risk and will cost alot less. Unfortunately that's the harsh reality, he can't keep playing without surgery, it's coming sooner or later. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

My understanding from what I'm reading and hearing is the the spinal condition that will require surgery, what team is going to want to cover this surgery that he may never recover from? The reality is there are other options with much less risk and will cost alot less. Unfortunately that's the harsh reality, he can't keep playing without surgery, it's coming sooner or later. 

He’s already had the surgery, before the 2021 season.

9 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

He’s already had the surgery, before the 2021 season.

He also had a terrible pro day posting 4.68- 40, 31.5 vertical and I read somewhere else that he didn't interview well either which would most definitely warrant him not getting drafted but I think someone will take a chance. https://www.si.com/college/clemson/tigers-in-the-nfl/former-clemson-wideout-justyn-ross-not-selected-in-nfl-draft

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

He also had a terrible pro day posting 4.68- 40, 31.5 vertical and I read somewhere else that he didn't interview well either which would most definitely warrant him not getting drafted but I think someone will take a chance. https://www.si.com/college/clemson/tigers-in-the-nfl/former-clemson-wideout-justyn-ross-not-selected-in-nfl-draft

Regressed last year too on the field which wouldn’t have helped.

16 hours ago, glazeduck said:

His injury is such that he could quite literally DIE if hit wrong. I'm guessing no NFL team wants to take that responsibility on. 

If Ross wants to continue playing competitive football, it'll probably need to be in one of the spring leagues or in the CFL...

That responsibility is an issue for an insurance company, not an NFL team.

Having said that, I know nothing of this guy's condition nor have I ever seen any type of medical report on him, nor am I a doctor!

But I agree with others--if teams feel his physical condition will result in a wasted pick (short career basically) then they are going to look elsewhere.

45 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Having said that, I know nothing of this guy's condition nor have I ever seen any type of medical report on him, nor am I a doctor!

But I agree with others--if teams feel his physical condition will result in a wasted pick (short career basically) then they are going to look elsewhere.

And him going undrafted is understandable for that reason. Someone not taking a UDFA minimum contract shot however.....

• Like (+1) 2

Who wants a guy who could suffer permanent spinal damage on their team? If anything happens, you have blood in your hands. I wouldn’t want that moral responsibility.

24 minutes ago, todd said:

Who wants a guy who could suffer permanent spinal damage on their team? If anything happens, you have blood in your hands. I wouldn’t want that moral responsibility.

Apparently everyone at Clemson?

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Not if the damages exceed the coverage. And that’s assuming he can even GET coverage. 

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It's not a financial thing, it's an optics thing... 

23 hours ago, FireChans said:

So Justyn Ross, best WR for Clemson 3 years ago. Has a back injury, they find a congenital issue, which they say is the reason teams are staying far away.

But he came back and played with Clemson. Sure he had a bad year, but he had a lingering foot injury and their entire offense was a DISASTER. 

So why was he good to play for Clemson but radioactive in the NFL?

He should have never been cleared in Clemson, and I doubt he will clear in NFL, that spine is a concern.  This is why

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/clemson-leading-wr-justyn-ross-to-miss-2020-season-due-to-neck-and-spinal-issue/#:~:text=Clemson leading returning wide receiver,X-rays revealed the condition.

Edited by MAJBobby

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.