Favorite pick?

whorlnut

12 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I like how fans try to justify a reach and essentially a poor pick. No way should this guy have been the Bills 3rd round pick. He will likely never be a starter and dare I say how much impact will he have? Of course, thats just my viewpoint and one never knows with any draft pick. Look at Allen for example. I get the pick because the Bills LB crew is pretty weak and not deep. Hopefully, he can really contribute in the special teams area. 

Let me guess. Your a Tenuta fan. Maybe Benford or Spector is your favorite. Sorry if I upset you.🤔

I don't need to justify the pick. The pick was made by my team already, not me. I answered the question as to my favorite pick and gave a few words as to why. 

Did I even mention in my post as to a round or if I thought the value matched? I said favorite pick.

So unless you know me and what my likes and dislikes are, you can just run along and play now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Let me guess. Your a Tenuta fan. Maybe Benford or Spector is your favorite. Sorry if I upset you.🤔

I don't need to justify the pick. The pick was made by my team already, not me. I answered the question as to my favorite pick and gave a few words as to why. 

Did I even mention in my post as to a round or if I thought the value matched? I said favorite pick.

So unless you know me and what my likes and dislikes are, you can just run along and play now.

You didn't upset me. Just have a hard time understanding how Bernard can be one of your favorites picks. I tried to logically explain why it shouldn't be people's favorite choice. To each their own and of course your are entitled to your opinion. Over paying for something usually is a recipe for failure not encouragement...

I guess I'll just " run along and play now." 

Elam

Cook

Araiza

.....in that order...Elam may have a couple fixable flaws but he's got the capacity to be much better than Levi. This was our #1 position of need as we wait for Tre to return. 

If Cook becomes the receiving RB we've been waiting for, sky's the limit for our offense. And watching his tape tells me he will bust a few big runs along the way. 

Sometimes a season or  home field advantage can come down to 1 game. Haack's 3 step blocked punt/TD against the Steelers was a huge play. Then 17 weeks later I finally get to my first ever Bills game only to watch Haack shank the ball 5 times including a 7 yarder.  Araiza will be fun, dynamic and he'll learn to hold.

21 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I like how fans try to justify a reach and essentially a poor pick. No way should this guy have been the Bills 3rd round pick. He will likely never be a starter and dare I say how much impact will he have? Of course, thats just my viewpoint and one never knows with any draft pick. Look at Allen for example. I get the pick because the Bills LB crew is pretty weak and not deep. Hopefully, he can really contribute in the special teams area. 

I have to agree about Bernard, just because he's pretty small for a LB.  The Bills like to have fast LBs to cover all the fast receivers, I get that, but they also have struggled against heavy,strong-running teams.  Maybe this is a choice they're deliberately making, figuring it's more important to stop the majority of teams with faster offenses, than to build a defense geared toward stopping the few running teams.  

• Like (+1) 1

Cook, I think we are going to see a player unused in college be an absolute weapon in the pros.

2nd Elam, though I wasn’t a fan prior.

confused: Bernard, I can’t begin to tell you how much I was hoping Muma would fall to us in the 3rd…stupid Jax.  Then Dean…but then we drafted Bernard, I’m sure he’ll be a good player, but LBer being a need I wasn’t expecting this LB.  I was kinda hoping for Channing Tindall…I thought he at least had the size to play inside.

other confused moment happened when we traded up to get Elam, giving up a 4th round pick…which could’ve been Calvin Austin jr, Isaiah Likely or Zack Tom…but in Beane I trust

30 minutes ago, galept said:

I thought I would be the only one. Can't wait to see what he does.

Can’t wait to see what he does? He’s going to punt. You can’t wait to see our offense stall so you can see our punter kick a ball slightly further than other punters? 

Unreal. 

• Vomit 1

My nose? I mean, my friend's nose? My friend? I forget exactly how it goes. The LBs taken in this draft aren't exceptional, but this staff loves LBs on ST. If they can be good role players in sub packages on D, fantastic. But if they can help squib 8 seconds off the clock, I'll take it.   

1 hour ago, galept said:

The only thing that's unreal is your attitude. I stand by what I said, word for word. I'm aware we were bottom five in number of punts, and I hope that will continue, so if you would you like me to add clarity saying "can't wait to see what he does with the time given to him" then so be it.

But there aren't players like this that come along very often. He kicked as many (more? Can't remember) 70+ yard punts last year than the entire NFL combined. So go **** yourself.

Potty mouth

Also, tl;dr

1 hour ago, galept said:

Exactly the response I expected - no response.

Yup, no interest in having a conversation with an internetz tuff guy that says “go **** yourself.” Either you can’t find words to properly articulate yourself without resorting to cussing or are actively trying to seem ignorant and immature. Either way, no interest. 

In person I’d have that conversation, but I’m willing to bet it would go differently. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.