Favorite pick?

whorlnut

For me, it's Cook. I like his full package of skills.

I'm a little worried about Elam being forced into playing before he's fully engaged in the system.  Put a rookie QB out there and if he's not ready, or if the offense is tailored for him, he'll struggle until he learns.  If a QB can't do it, a CB could struggle too. Start out struggling and it's harder to excel in the long run.  

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

James Cook. 

Get him a bit more bulked up and he’s designed in a lab for the Bills Offense. 

Same here.

This just screams added dimension to an already elite offense. I can see where we diversify weekly as to which opponent we play. 

He's gonna be fun to watch.

Easily James Cook. Dude is the missing piece of our offense. That play at :12 is something I expect to see a lot of this year. Also look at that catch at 2:10....What NFL rbs can make that catch? Hes literally alvin kamara.

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Like (+1) 3

For the fun fan pick it’s Araiza. But the real practical immediate improvement is Elam. If Elam can do anything close to what White can do, we will have 2 true lock down corners and with the addition of Miller, it’s basically over for the opponents offenses. I honestly would not be surprised to see a record offense and near record defense this year. This defense has the potential to be 85 Bears good and the offense has the potential to be 2013 Broncos good. 

In 2019 we had 16.5 PPG on defense. I think we can beat that this year. 

2 hours ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

I'm going against the chalk to say Bernard.

Can't say I had ever heard of him pre-draft, but watching the highlights, reading the scouting reports, and, most of all, listening to him (super impressive guy), he's the kind of player I just love. And I still have a soft spot for a playmaking linebacker, because I am old and haven't quite caught up to the fact that LBs aren't nearly as important as they once were.

He's not the best player we drafted (probably), and could just be a kind of useful backup in his career. But I'm hoping he's stamped for bigger things. Love the way he plays.

Shakir would probably be second for me.

I agree with everything you said. It wouldn’t surprise me to see he eventually become a Strong Safety for us.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, julian said:

Cook… kamara type impact on the offense please

Honestly, this was my favorite pick also.  I know everyone wanted Hall and I get it...but James Cook to me is the electric back that we have been missing for a long time.  Just adds another dimension to our offense.

• Agree 1

Before seeing the embedded draft room piece, it was Shakir, partly because it was a pick that looks like great value.

After that, Elam all the way, because the kid gets what he needs to be doing to become better.

We might end up with 2 shutdown CBs for a year or two if he progresses, and it looks like he's going to be happy to put the work in.

It's a toss up between Elam and Araiza for me. I'm glad we took a corner with elite traits and athleticism. Really excited to upgrade at punter too,and getting him in the 6th I think is good value.

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

For me, it's Cook. I like his full package of skills.

I'm a little worried about Elam being forced into playing before he's fully engaged in the system.  Put a rookie QB out there and if he's not ready, or if the offense is tailored for him, he'll struggle until he learns.  If a QB can't do it, a CB could struggle too. Start out struggling and it's harder to excel in the long run.  

Well, Elam’s going to be playing against one of the most high powered offenses in the league during every practice. So the coaches will get their looks, and Elam will be getting an all world education. 

Im not worried about him one bit. 

3 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Elam was my favorite. I think a much needed upgrade over Wallace and also has room for additional improvement. Can't wait to see what he becomes with our coaching.

I'll say Bernard is a close second. I said in other posts, the more I read and watch I understand why we drafted him. Plus having a Milano clone, I think he was a great choice as a 3rd LB and potentially a great backup in case of injury. 

I like how fans try to justify a reach and essentially a poor pick. No way should this guy have been the Bills 3rd round pick. He will likely never be a starter and dare I say how much impact will he have? Of course, thats just my viewpoint and one never knows with any draft pick. Look at Allen for example. I get the pick because the Bills LB crew is pretty weak and not deep. Hopefully, he can really contribute in the special teams area. 

• Disagree 1

After watching highlights etc. I’m very excited about Shakir, only thing I’m concerned about is being able to get him on the field. Seeing Davis shut down for most of the season last year for Sanders was scarring. 

Very excited about Cook too. Looks like he does almost exactly what they were hoping Mckissic was coming in for. They obviously have some big plans for that kind of guy in this offense. 

I’m happy we picked punt god for sure, but I don’t see how anyone can be that excited about him. I mean, he does the one thing we don’t want to have to do. It’s the one player drafted I never want to see play. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.