Which is stronger, Josh Allen's arm or Matt Araiza's leg ?

HOUSE

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I think you gotta go with Josh Allens arm... he can throw close to 80 yards.

Araiza has 80 yard punts but thats usually with a roll

Yes but also got to remember that’s from the LoS and araiza punts from behind that

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I am not sure Josh can throw 80 yards through the air either, I am guessing 70

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Yeah but that’s trying to also get hang time of some sort too.  

Curious how far he could kick it if hang time didn’t matter and just going for longest kick 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

I saw a clip where Arazia was at his goal line when he punted, and the ball landed beyond the opposing 25.  

The knock on Arazia is apparently that he doesn't get enough hang time, and that's a big worry.  The Bills had a punter with the highest average in the league a couple of years ago, Bojorquez, and they cut him, and so have the teams he signed with.  I don't know if he didn't have enough hang time or if he couldn't kick directionally, or if he wasn't a good holder on FGs and EPs.  Whatever, there's a lot more going on there than just punting for average.

it would be great to have someone better than Haack punting for us, but I've read that Haack is an excellent holder for Bass.  So it's not a lock that Arazia makes the team.

when u can kick a ball 86 yards at sea level i think u have to go with the kicker.   hang time or not...it takes a ball a while to travel 86 yards.   

arazia also can do kick offs and even field goals and is proficient with all of them.   holding is the only skill he needs to learn.   

If i remember right while Bojo had a huge leg it was hit or miss if he was going to shank it or not and thats all he could do was kick deep (into the endzone)

For sheer distance in terms of where the ball ends up, it might be close.

If you could put a little GPS chip inside the ball, though, and measure its complete trajectory, the punter will EASILY go way farther.

Think of the muscle groups involved.  A leg is a hell of a lot stronger than an arm, even if you are Josh Allen and you throw with your entire body in a torquing motion, which is where his power comes from.

46 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I saw a clip where Arazia was at his goal line when he punted, and the ball landed beyond the opposing 25.  

The knock on Arazia is apparently that he doesn't get enough hang time, and that's a big worry.  The Bills had a punter with the highest average in the league a couple of years ago, Bojorquez, and they cut him, and so have the teams he signed with.  I don't know if he didn't have enough hang time or if he couldn't kick directionally, or if he wasn't a good holder on FGs and EPs.  Whatever, there's a lot more going on there than just punting for average.

it would be great to have someone better than Haack punting for us, but I've read that Haack is an excellent holder for Bass.  So it's not a lock that Arazia makes the team.

Holding for a FG only seems to have become an issue in the aftermath of Bojórquez. I think Araiza’s ability to catch and get the ball down properly is being entirely overblown.

EDIT: And Cory wasn’t cut. The Bills wanted him back but he and his agent had a higher price in mind than what the team was offering. Beane then came out with the comment of re-signing players who wanted to be here.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Why are punters and kickers valued so little in the draft I just don’t understand it 

Because really good ones go undrafted every year 

It's a value thing... And it's not a sure thing

Florida State kicker went in the second round a few years ago... He couldn't even really make a roster

15 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Holding for a FG only seems to have become an issue in the aftermath of Bojórquez. I think Araiza’s ability to catch and get the ball down properly is being entirely overblown.

EDIT: And Cory wasn’t cut. The Bills wanted him back but he and his agent had a higher price in mind than what the team was offering. Beane then came out with the comment of re-signing players who wanted to be here.

He made less than Haack did last year. Like half as much. I doubt this statement is true. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.