AFCE off season - better or worse?

BuffaloBill

AFCE Teams other than the Bills - who is better or worse given coaching changes, free agency and draft   

160 members have voted

1. 1. Have the New England Patriots* gotten better or worse?

2. 2. Have the New York Jets gotten better or worse?

3. 3. Have the Miami Dolphins gotten better or worse?

The Jets got good enough to get to 6 wins.

Miami is still a dumpster fire no matter what you do. 

New England is the place where Bill Belichick can draft poorly and people will give him a pass.

Bills go 6-0 or 5-1 against 

On 5/2/2022 at 2:10 PM, Success said:

I'm always surprised checking the Pats boards. They still think Mac Jones has potential to be elite.

I mean, I don't want to hot take that he can't be after 1 season, but it would definitely shock me.

All 3 teams in the division have very solid rosters at this point. I think who emerges as our main competition depends entirely on which of the QB's really pans out.  If I had to put a bet on it, it would be Wilson. He had games last season where he looked like a disaster, but he has the most skills and with proper coaching could be excellent (imo).

Not seeing it w/ Tua or Jones, but who knows.

I think they’re a bit blinded by him ‘leading’ them to the playoffs his rookie season and they think he’s only gonna get better from here.  That’s really not how qbs necessarily develop…we’ve seen tons of guys have one pretty good year then fall off a cliff.  

They’re also choosing to ignore the afc east had an absolute joke of a schedule last year.  Their 10 wins were:

NYJ x2 

HOU

LAC 

CAR

CLE (missing Chubb,hunt, a couple olinemen and baker w/ torn labrum)

ATL

TEN (missing AJ Brown,Julio, and Derrick Henry)

BUF (infamous wind game)

JAX

That season looks completely different if they played TEN at a time when they were a little closer to full strength or us any other week on our schedule.  I think they were more of an 8-9 team that got some good fortune 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Dolphins have the best Offensive Coordinator in the division running the show as HC with Hipster Mad scientist McDaniel and with addition of T. hill and emergence of Waddle as a flat of Stud he should only be having more fun scheming.

So while the execution of the QB is still a “?”

Dolphins won’t be short for offensive ingenuity.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Wilson is not a noodle arm. The other two are, but Wilson has a good arm. It isn't Allen or Mahomes, but his arm is comparable with Justin Herbert for example and he has a stronger arm than Joe Burrow. If you are looking for reasons not to worry about Wilson they do exist. But it isn't a lack of arm. 

I stand corrected. 2 noodle arms and a strong non accurate arm

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Dolphins have the best Offensive Coordinator in the division running the show as HC with Hipster Mad scientist McDaniel and with addition of T. hill and emergence of Waddle as a flat of Stud he should only be having more fun scheming.

So while the execution of the QB is still a “?”

Dolphins won’t be short for offensive ingenuity.

Didn’t everyone say the same about their previous previous coach Adam gase 😂

we as fans have no way to know how much credit goes to Shanahan and how much goes to McDaniel for the 49ers offensive success

heck for all we know Flores was a defensive mastermind and they could completely fall apart on that side of the ball

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Didn’t everyone say the same about their previous previous coach Adam gase 😂

we as fans have no way to know how much credit goes to Shanahan and how much goes to McDaniel for the 49ers offensive success

heck for all we know Flores was a defensive mastermind and they could completely fall apart on that side of the ball

You may be right.  The Offensive Coordinator Landscape in AFCE is interesting.

Patriots refuse to name a OC…so they are disqualified.

Bills named Ken Dorsey…whom is a Rookie OC…thus untested and unknown.

Mike LaFleur will be in his 2nd Year…coming from the 49ers System

Mike McDaniel will be in his 2nd Year…coming from the 49ers System.

Based on that…not including the players…I would say McDaniel based on his experience in the league being longer and his success with the 49ers.

🤷‍♂️ 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.