Poll: How would you grade the Bills overall draft?

Lost

Poll: How would you grade the Bills overall draft?  

316 members have voted

1. 1. Bills draft grade

• A
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C+
    • C
    • C-
    • F

I personally like our 1st rd pick in Kaiir Elam considereing how the board was falling though I feel we could have still gotten him 2 picks down without trading our rd 4 pick.

I suspected the Bills might try and move up a bit in the 2nd for a receiver but since they didnt move I'm okay with the Cook pick.  He will probably end up being a starter sooner rather than later.

If one pick pick from this draft has left me underwhelmed its the Bills 3rd rounder.  He'll probably be a journeyman backup but I feel there were better picks out there.

I Like the 5th round pick in Khalil Shakir.  Sad its our only WR pick but he should contribute some in this offense

Matt Araiza is our best pick of the 6th rounders.  We went from having the worst punter in the league to the best.  Hoping we go through this season without punting much again but after going through many years where our punter Brian Moorman was our MVP I understand how important the position is.

Not going to comment much on the rest of the picks but generall have no complaints there.

Overall grade B

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Calling it a B+ for now-not qualified to go beyond that.

It looks like they picked 5 if not 6 potential starters including an ace punter which could be a very smart move.  

If Elam, Cook, Shakir, Bernard and Tenuta pan out it will be a through the roof draft.  

Edited by jethro_tull
  • Like (+1) 2

Good picks, but I just don't get the lack of attention to the OL. C, LG and LT starters are solid, but there's a HUGE dropoff after that. I sure hope Beane has another trick up his sleeve. I was decidedly underwhelmed by the Quessenberry signing. Great story, but still a backup caliber player. I sure hope Brown takes a gargantuan leap this year. Kromer really needs to earn his keep this Summer.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

trying to judge a draft as soon as it ends is akin to proclaiming a basketball game is over two minutes after it starts.
It’s a foolhardy exercise because we simply don’t know enough about any of the players to determine who killed it and who didn’t.

So, don’t ask me for a grade on the eight-man class Beane drafted this weekend because I don’t know how he did.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bills-addressed-most-important-then-234115447.html

It is silly to rate this draft now, but other than liking the picks for Elam, Shakir and Araiza, not sure that any of the other picks will become significant contributors.  Do not like the pick of Cook for the reasons others have noted, including that he may be at best no more than a part time player, which does not seem like good value for a second round pick.  Gave the overall draft by the Bills a "C".

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

My grade of B- is based entirely on personal preferences of players. I was hoping for traits players like Tariq Woolen or Calvin Austin. Elam is really the only one who I can imagine being a true difference-making starter.

However the thing about teams like the Bills and Chiefs, is that they use the players they select very well, so in that way it’s hard to fault selections.

Edited by Seoulofstone

1 hour ago, Lost said:

If one pick pick from this draft has left me underwhelmed its the Bills 3rd rounder.  He'll probably be a journeyman backup but I feel there were better picks out there.

I am pretty sure that is the same sort of thing being said about Milano when we drafted him, and I’m pretty happy with how he turned out. In Beane We Trust. 

• Like (+1) 1

I chose B-.

They got a starting corner to pair with Tre for several years.  Well done even if it cost a 4th round pick.  Cook adds a skill set the current RBs do not have. WR was addressed late with a guy that may be a steal. 

Hated the 3rd round pick.  

The 6'8" stiff should be comical to watch in camp. Tenuta may be first draft pick to get cut after OTAs.  Impressive to draft someone with less skills than Doyle.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

My grade of B- is based entirely on personal preferences of players. I was hoping for traits players like Tariq Woolen or Calvin Austin.

The thing about teams like the Bills and Chiefs is that they use the players they select very well, so in that way it’s hard to fault selections.

Bills like versatile tough and hard working motivated to Win and Team First type guys. Success breeds more success. I trust their judgment. No one GM or coach is perfect...and we will all watch and wait to see how these newbie picks work out. Hope springs eternal 🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

Professional personnel guys are often wrong when they project the NFL futures of college kids.  I won't even pretend to know.

What encourages me is that we presumably filled three positions of need:  CB; 3rd down/receiving back; punter.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.