Way too early 2022 Bills roster

No_Matter_What

1 minute ago, Rico said:

I’m concerned that all he knows is how to lose. I’ll gladly change my mind if he steps up here.

So did Beastmode and Gilmore until they went to a better.... nah, you're right, every player on a bad team is bad, and no one from a bad team went to a better team and won a championship

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Prospector said:

So did Beastmode and Gilmore until they went to a better.... nah, you're right, every player on a bad team is bad, and no one from a bad team went to a better team and won a championship

Glad to see do great, but if I was a Seahawks or Pats fan, I really wouldn’t have wanted any drought-era Bills either.

6 minutes ago, Success said:

I can't believe how strong that looks on paper.

Yeah. On paper its basically the same team as the last year, but with HOF DE, upgrade at DT, probably solid upgrade at CB2, upgrade at pass catching RB, legit TE2 and already a legend at P.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

Glad to see do great, but if I was a Seahawks or Pats fan, I really wouldn’t have wanted any drought-era Bills either.

ah, I now see that you were being sarcastic and the original joke went over my head... I am slow to pick up on obvious jests, like you hoping to replace Crowder was not real. Whose the goose? this guy, right here... I am sorry

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Prospector said:

ah, I now see that you were being sarcastic and the original joke went over my head... I am slow to pick up on obvious jests, like you hoping to replace Crowder was not real. Whose the goose? this guy, right here... I am sorry

You’re fine, I really don’t like getting players from traditional losers, but it’s not that big a deal, I don’t care that much. For example, I was initially happier getting Milloy from the Pats than TKO from the Bungles, even though TKO ended up being a far better Bill. It’s more a leftover reaction from the drought-era, bring winners in to turn the team around.

Edited by Rico

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Can you explain what this means? I don't get what you are saying - maybe because English is not my mother tongue and maybe the problem is on your side (no sacrasm). I see everything nicely.

I'll fix it if possible.

You said green was draft picks and blue was FA but on the list the draft picks are blue and FA are green.

No big deal as everyone knows which is which, it just reminds me of Rocky when they get the color of his shorts back to front on the poster so I thought I'd mention it

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

I just made this chart with actual Bills roster and would like to know what do you guys think. We have 75 players currently on the roster. Blue guys are FAs, green are draft picks. Players above the grey line made it to my initial 53 man roster, players below that line are potential PS players/cuts. The idea is just to see where we potentially stand. There are 25 offensive players, 25 defensive players and 3 special teamers.

EDIT: Made a couple of changes after some discussions below. Put Stevenson in and moved Duke Johnson out (we are not keeping all RBs and we just drafted Cook). Also put Cam Lewis in and rookie Christian Benford out. At this stage, its Cam Lewis' job to lose. It is also likely that Tre doesn't start season on 53 so Bernard might get in this way. Also switched Dane Jackson and Siran Neal, Jackson was a starter last year and deserves to be higher.

Hopefully the image will be readable.

1554889706_Billsroster_2.thumb.png.8b726b7ef3a5c0ddf297b75fdb6212ca.png

awesome effort here.  I think Matakevich may be out for Benford.  

5 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Hopefully the image will be readable.

Thanks for making these. Here's a quick tip: if you want to go that extra mile and make these pics readable without even having to click on them, upload these images to a free site, like https://postimages.org/, then post the link they give you. That's what I do anyway.

[This also goes to @Yantha, who I think screenshotted the ESPN depth chart in another recent thread and uploaded the file.]

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Rico said:

You’re fine, I really don’t like getting players from traditional losers, but it’s not that big a deal, I don’t care that much. For example, I was initially happier getting Milloy from the Pats than TKO from the Bungles, even though TKO ended up being a far better Bill. It’s more a leftover reaction from the drought-era, bring winners in to turn the team around.

There’s something to be said for that when you see players go from bad team to bad team.  And quite frankly when you’re a bad team it’s always about getting paid too dollar or just having a job when a free agent picks you.  But when you’re already fielding a championship caliber team, then you don’t have to overpay for FAs.  They come to you to win.

10 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Duke Johnson is pretty underrated. He’s better than Zach Moss. Far superior in the passing game

Duke Johnson has more talent than Moss but like Moss he flashed early and has not brought much to the table since his early success. You're right, he's better than Moss.

Re: Hughes.  It'd be nice to bring him back but we have been doing some interesting things on the DL. Basham on the inside and Oliver on the outside was a frequent experiment at the end of the season. This allow Basham to exploit his strength of quickness over slower interior OL. His hand quickness is a difference maker but be doesn't optimize placement. Whereas the opposite is true with Oliver. He's fairly tactical (good feet, good hands, good leverage) but he has a Chris Kelsey level of ceiling: he's not an all-star but he's well rounded and successful. Basham may have a higher ceiling.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.