It feels great to get these types of responses now when someone gets drafted by the Buffalo Bills

BillsFan619

“I fell in love with the Bills.” - our new running back James Cook

Here’s the article - https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rb-james-cook-fell-love-132503155.html

And Spencer Brown breaking a table last year.

And this reaction from Elam and his family.

Remember the pre-JA era response of Stephon Gilmore? Those days are long gone.

Go Bills!!!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We just saw what it’s like the moment a young kid becomes millionaire doing something he  loves to do, makes you feel really good for KE, very happy for him. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

We just saw what it’s like the moment a young kid becomes millionaire doing something he  loves to do, makes you feel really good for KE, very happy for him. 

Go Bills!!!

I totally get what you mean. A lot of the reaction is exactly what you described, a person seeing their dreams come true as well as a nice payout for the rest of their lives.

That said, I believe people are excited to come to the bills now. Spencer Brown breaking a table and James Cook telling us that he fell in love with the bills. I get that a drafted player most times won’t say anything bad about being drafted by a team. That said, the things we’re hearing lately go beyond the typical company line.

Think of Stephon Gilmore or even Jim Kelly back in the day. Both realized their dreams were coming true and would be paid lots of money but still didn’t have the greatest reaction to being drafted by the bills. JK even went to the USFL because of it. 🤣😜🤣

Totally different these past couple years. Then again, maybe I’m just being a homer because I’m a bills fan.

Either way, go bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I totally get what you mean. A lot of the reaction is exactly what you described, a person seeing their dreams come true as well as a nice payout for the rest of their lives.

That said, I believe people are excited to come to the bills now unlike, say, Stephon Gilmore or even Jim Kelly back in the day.

Both realized their dreams were coming true and would be paid lots of money but still didn’t have the greatest reaction to being drafted by the bills. JK even went to the USFL because of it. 🤣😜🤣

Then again, maybe I’m just being a homer because I’m a bills fan.

Either way, go bills!

I think it's because you're a little delusional like a lot of bills fans LOL

Stephon Gilmore was my favorite player during his tenure here and I didn't care two craps about his reaction..  I always saw the All pro talent in him and never wanted him to leave

Some people aren't that emotional.. it has nothing to do with how hard you'll try or how good a football play You are 

The fact Bill's fans let Gilmore's reaction on draft day cloud their judgment of his skills over half a decade is crazy 

Because I've coached defensive backs for 20 years and he was always amazing.. his rookie year he held Hall of famer Larry Fitzgerald to his worst career game as a pro... Spotlighting him across the field

But people didn't like him cuz he didn't smile on draft day

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Stephon Gilmore was my favorite player during his tenure here and I didn't care two craps about his reaction..  I always saw the All pro talent in him and never wanted him to leave

Some people aren't that emotional.. it has nothing to do with how hard you'll try or how good a football play You are 

The fact Bill's fans let Gilmore's reaction on draft day cloud their judgment of his skills over half a decade is crazy 

Because I've coached defensive backs for 20 years and he was always amazing

He was a better CB at New England than he was here.  I don't know if it was coaching or scheme but he was superb in New England over three and a half seasons after starting slow with them.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because I've coached defensive backs for 20 years and he was always amazing.. his rookie year he held Hall of famer Larry Fitzgerald to his worst career game as a pro... Spotlighting him across the field

I definitely could be delusional, bro. 🤣😜🤣

I liked Stefan Gilmore when he was here. Also, JK is my favorite player of all time. That said, there still seems to be more of an excitement over being drafted by the bills then there was even a few years ago, which is a good thing.

it’s not necessarily a knock on Gilmore as much as it reveals how far we’ve come in the last few years. The narrative has changed.

Edited by BillsFan619

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

We are the new Green Bay Packers.

I wouldn't say that yet. AR and Green Bay have had many, MANY more years over JA and the Bills to win Super Bowls.

Yes, anything is possible. We could eventually be a perennially great team that plateaus because they can't win the big game like AR and the Pack. That said, we're not even close to that yet. We're still an ascending team that continues to get better.

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619

On 5/1/2022 at 8:56 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Or because he sucked in run support...or the fact he would always look around to blame his teammates after getting burned in coverage...or that he clearly hated being in Buffalo.

Other than that, he would've been a fan favorite. I was so glad that he signed with the Colts this offseason. He certainly isn't worth the salary he is getting paid, especially at this juncture of his career.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

What does that mean?

Not a place anyone thinks of a glamour spot. Let's face it, Buffalo and Green Bay are considered old rust belt cities without a whole lot of nightlife. Not great draws for elite free agents or young draft picks.

But ... when your football team is good, and has a winning culture and a national following along with a marquee QB, all of a sudden guys are happy to come there.

The new Green Bay, or Pittsburgh if you prefer.

3 hours ago, buffblue said:

Or because he sucked in run support...or the fact he would always look around to blame his teammates after getting burned in coverage...or that he clearly hated being in Buffalo.

Other than that, he would've been a fan favorite. I was so glad that he signed with the Colts this offseason. He certainly isn't worth the salary he is getting paid, especially at this juncture of his career.

He literally played with a broken wrist never missing a snap 

He also hit Eddie Lacy so hard they both got knocked out of a game ... Lacy was 270 and a hamburger from a fullback 

Best ability is availability... You can't play like that all the time .

At the end of the day he's paid to cover .. not hit Eddie Lacy like a truck and get hurt

Edited by Buffalo716

On 5/1/2022 at 8:47 PM, BillsFan619 said:

That said, I believe people are excited to come to the bills now. Spencer Brown breaking a table and James Cook telling us that he fell in love with the bills. I get that a drafted player most times won’t say anything bad about being drafted by a team. That said, the things we’re hearing lately go beyond the typical company line.

Think of Stephon Gilmore or even Jim Kelly back in the day. Both realized their dreams were coming true and would be paid lots of money but still didn’t have the greatest reaction to being drafted by the bills. JK even went to the USFL because of it. 🤣😜🤣

Totally different these past couple years. Then again, maybe I’m just being a homer because I’m a bills fan.

Either way, go bills!

Gilmore doesn’t show emotion. So that reaction was likely just who he is. Jim Kelly on the other hand was not happy. 

On 5/2/2022 at 2:02 AM, Doc Brown said:

He was a better CB at New England than he was here.  I don't know if it was coaching or scheme but he was superb in New England over three and a half seasons after starting slow with them.

He was superb here too. That is @Buffalo716 point. He is right too. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He was superb here too. That is @Buffalo716 point. He is right too. 

He was slightly above average here.  His play didn't warrant the contract he was demanding and it was a shock across the league when New England signed him to top market value as they usually don't do that.  He shot into all pro territory with the Pats.  The PFF grades (not the bible I hear but all I have to go on) confirm this.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.