Rd 7, Pick 231 (18): LB Baylon Spector, Clemson

Hapless Bills Fan

Watching the East-West shrine game on my DVR. Spector is aggressive, all over the field, but I have seen a bunch of him over pursuing. Maybe he was supposed to force things back inside. 🤷‍♂️Playing some in the middle and in nickel. Looks pretty good in coverage. Looks like he is making the calls and getting guys lined up. Defintely intriguing. It’s an all star game, bit I figure I’d focus in on him.  Probably not beating out Matekevich or Dodson, but a shot to make it over guys like Andre Smith imo. 

52 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Watching the East-West shrine game on my DVR. Spector is aggressive, all over the field, but I have seen a bunch of him over pursuing. Maybe he was supposed to force things back inside. 🤷‍♂️Playing some in the middle and in nickel. Looks pretty good in coverage. Looks like he is making the calls and getting guys lined up. Defintely intriguing. It’s an all star game, bit I figure I’d focus in on him.  Probably not beating out Matekevich or Dodson, but a shot to make it over guys like Andre Smith imo. 

Less dead cap cutting Smith Jr. but about the same net as cutting Matakevich.   Basically $200k-$300K less than replacing them in the top 51 with a late rookie minimum contract.

With all the UDFA's teams are going to have to sort thru Spector would probably have to look absolutely amazing in preseason for anyone to bother considering poaching him off the Bills PS.  

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic

One thing I notice with Bernard and Spector, at least from the youtube highlights, is that both guys are instinctive and work well through the mess and get to the play. I see a lot of LB attacking the line and play rather than backing off and floating around in the zone.

I wonder if Buffalo will play more man-press coverage with Elam and White after Elam has a few starts and White is 100%?

Does that free up LBs to attack? Klein did well in that role.

Maybe Buffalo does plan on mixing in some 4-3 looks. Von Miller can play the LORAX type role that they used the first couple of seasons. Bernard can cover or attack, and Spector looks a bit of an AJ Klein type. Better moving forward and attacking than dropping back and defending the pass. (though he has an outstanding INT in one of the videos below)

Spector led Clemson in tackles in 2020. Wears #10 in the highlights below.

Welcome the Bills Baylon. Good luck!

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.