Reported Bills UDFA signing - 11 signed, 3 Camp Invites *Updated* 09:32 (4 open spots)

MAJBobby

• MAJBobby changed the title to reported Bills UDFA signings 4 signed *Updated* 20:17 (3 open Roster Spots remain)
17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was their #1 WR. Played outside and inside. He projects more to the slot in the NFL.

I’m pretty sure Joe Marino said the same. Some people really liked him but I wasn’t impressed at the senior bowl. Let’s hope he does well.

• MAJBobby changed the title to reported Bills UDFA signings 5 signed *Updated* 20:20, (2 open Roster Spots remain)
  • MAJBobby changed the title to reported Bills UDFA signings 6 signed *Updated* 20:20, (1 open Roster Spots remain)
30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I fully acknowledge that I am NOT a college football fan. 

But who sees Shakir as outside WR depth?

All the scouting reports I've read say he played strictly in the slot.

What are you reading? Thats false. Shakir can play outside, inside, and as a return guy. Super versatile player... he is not stuck in a slot position. I think to staft off he will be backup to Gabe for year 1... after Crowder deal expires he has a chance to compete for a starting slot job 2 years from now.

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Like I do every year I will keep all the reported signings below. However they tend to come fast and Furious. So if you see one not listed here feel free to say it and tag me with link. Will update the main post. 

as we are in the rounds players are sitting there thinking might be better to go UDFA at this point I figured I would start the thread to be ready to start updating it. 

I know in past I loved UDFA looking for players to still contribute right away. Bills are no longer at that point but get me players with at least ONE elite trait 

RB Raheem Blackshear 

TE Jalen Wydermyer - there is a chance to make the team here  

CB Travon Fuller 

DT Prince Emili

WR Malik Williams

WR Neil Pau’u

75 on Contract 

8 Drafted 

6 UDFAs reportedly signed 

89 on roster (leaves 1 more spots) 

For the Love of Little Pink Penquins, What the ***** is our plan at OG?

• MAJBobby changed the title to reported Bills UDFA signings 7 signed *Updated* 20:20, (Full 90)
2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

What are you reading? Thats false. Shakir can play outside, inside, and as a return guy. Super versatile player... he is not stuck in a slot position. I think to staft off he will be backup to Gabe for year 1... after Crowder deal expires he has a chance to compete for a starting slot job 2 years from now.

If a WR with 29" T Rex arms ends up playing well outside the hashes..........then he will deserve a lot of credit.    

Those type of builds end up in the slot because it's a lot easier to generate free releases there and because they likely have a small catch radius so they become a real small target downfield.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’m on the Board for a foundation trying to serve the needs of Little Pink Ponies. I might be able to help you there. 

I’m not sure what to tell you about OG.

Maybe Kromer has a miracle left to share?  

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

Bobby I think your math is wrong. We had 75 players on the roster INCLUDING draft picks.

We have many open roster spots still.

Let me recount. Could have up to 8 if I was wrong. Validating now. 

yep you are write. Updating to open more space 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ryan bates  and saffold starting guards. With Ike and Mancz and Quessenberry as 3 backups to be able to plug in... we are actually pretty deep at position. I could have seen us bring in an OG to compete  with Bates in round 2 or 3 but after that i dont think its necessary to bring one in for depth purposes as we have a lot of interior guys on roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In conjunction with Rodger Saffold and Ryan Bates who are clearly Starters - David Quessenberry is like Daryl Williams in that he can play both positions. Greg Mancz started 4 games last season and can play Guard.

Ike Boettger started 10 games for us last season and there's been advances in Achilles rehab that has paid dividends with players, Cam Akers returning to the Rams in 5 months just last season.

And I believe they'd like to see if Aaron Kromer can bring something extra out of Cody Ford, given the large investment we paid, trading up at the top of Round 2 in 2019.

That's 6 different players who strictly play Guard or can play Inside. I don't think adding UDFA's at Guard changes anything.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

• MAJBobby changed the title to reported Bills UDFA signings 7 signed *Updated* 20:35, (8 open spots)
2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Bobby I think your math is wrong. We had 75 players on the roster INCLUDING draft picks.

We have many open roster spots still.

Appreciate the double check. I didn’t think we had full 90 that fast. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.