Reported Bills UDFA signing - 11 signed, 3 Camp Invites *Updated* 09:32 (4 open spots)

MAJBobby

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

I’d feel a lot more comfortable at TE if Wydermyer beats out Sweeney.  Sweeney had a chance this past year, specifically Jax, and was a disaster.  Last year of his deal.. he doesn’t seem to show TE2 potential. 

I had very high hopes for Sweeney coming out of his draft but basically, This.  It's not an anomaly that our run game improved when we made Sweeney inactive and started using Tommy Doyle to block as TE2

• Agree 2

Think it occurred last week.  Photos:

https://www.buffalobills.com/photos/rookie-mini-camp-2274440#0983c640-a0c8-4607-b0cc-fc2026128052

on May 2, 2022 Jay Skurski of Buffalo News reported Buffalo State LS Cole Jenkins was invited to rookie minicamp "next weekend" (no dates)

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/east-aurora-native-buffalo-state-long-snapper-cole-jenkins-receives-invite-to-bills-rookie-minicamp/article_1a93b0c6-ca77-11ec-bdf4-b3842a0d9532.html

Cole Jenkins will have the opportunity of a lifetime next weekend.

Jenkins, a 6-foot-2, 240-pound long snapper from Buffalo State, has received an invitation to rookie minicamp with the Buffalo Bills. That alone would be worth celebrating, but it’s even more special for Jenkins, who attended East Aurora High School.

“I'm ecstatic. It's crazy,” he said Monday. “Coming from a Division III school, Buffalo State, being from East Aurora, being a local guy, it's really a dream come true. I'm still processing this whole thing. It doesn't seem real. It's been a wild process, for sure.

On 5/6/2022 at 8:45 PM, GolfandBills said:

Wydermyer has a huge uphill climb to beat out Sweeney.  Wydermyer runs like he has cement in his shoes and can’t block for ***** at his size.  

Signed Sweeney’s Mom

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Haha (+1) 4

11 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

We laugh but he's not lying. Here is their RAS comparison:

download.jpg

I guess we’ll see, according to JW:

I just didn’t feel good at all,” Wydermyer said. “I had trained hard two days before the pro day and my back was tight and my legs were heavy. After the broad jump, I felt my back lock up, and I didn’t feel good when I ran the 40 and my vertical felt tight.

“I got ready for the routes and stretched, and I felt like I did really well in the route running. I didn’t do what I wanted to do in the tests, but I wanted to do something well that day. It’s about football. It’s not about being a track guy.”

His game film looks intriguing, Sweeney is not that hard to beat, so I’d say there’s a chance JW can take him out.

Edited by PayDaBill$

6 hours ago, PayDaBill$ said:

I guess we’ll see, according to JW:

I just didn’t feel good at all,” Wydermyer said. “I had trained hard two days before the pro day and my back was tight and my legs were heavy. After the broad jump, I felt my back lock up, and I didn’t feel good when I ran the 40 and my vertical felt tight.

“I got ready for the routes and stretched, and I felt like I did really well in the route running. I didn’t do what I wanted to do in the tests, but I wanted to do something well that day. It’s about football. It’s not about being a track guy.”

His game film looks intriguing, Sweeney is not that hard to beat, so I’d say there’s a chance JW can take him out.

He gutted it out.....but in today's world he would have been better sitting it out and disclosing the injury./

28 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So are we waiting until the start of Rookie Minicamp before we officially announce the full list of UDFA signings?

I don’t know. This is definitely a weird one. They normally would have announced by now. 

SPOTRAC is already accounting for them. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So are we waiting until the start of Rookie Minicamp before we officially announce the full list of UDFA signings?

Beane asleep at the wheel. He is also not signing our draft picks. I say fire him until it's too late!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Beane asleep at the wheel. He is also not signing our draft picks. I say fire him until it's too late!

Lol that's a bit of a leap. I'm just intrigued to see the final list as there's often more signings than what was leaked and I'm interested in seeing how many roster spots are left and to take a look at any other guys that may be coming into camp.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.