Reported Bills UDFA signing - 11 signed, 3 Camp Invites *Updated* 09:32 (4 open spots)

MAJBobby

44 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You are really going out on a limb there.:rolleyes:

I think it's pretty much assumed that he is going to catch something like 80+ passes for 1200 yards.

He'd pretty much have to in order to replace the combined production while basically splitting time with Sanders.

I see 65 for 812 (12.5 YPC) and 5 TD

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

For the Love of Little Pink Penquins, What the ***** is our plan at OG?

Maybe Daryl Williams is on his way back.

Definitely was weird that they didn't address interior OL at all.

Same with the outside WR position.........they can say what they want but Shakir is most likely a slot receiver...........hell if they had another big guy like Gabe Davis then Stef Diggs might be taking more slot snaps.

Still some HUGE names left at WR........they all just have injuries/age against them.

50 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I fully acknowledge that I am NOT a college football fan. 

But who sees Shakir as outside WR depth?

All the scouting reports I've read say he played strictly in the slot.

No, the ones I have read said he can play all over the field, both inside and outside and can be used in the return game and on jet sweeps.

Shakir is going to have 0 issues unseating them, he may be challenging for Crowder and Mackenzie's playing time and will likely be stealing more and more from them as the year progresses

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Big Turk said:

No, the ones I have read said he can play all over the field, both inside and outside and can be used in the return game and on jet sweeps.

Shakir is going to have 0 issues unseating them, he may be challenging for Crowder and Mackenzie's playing time and will likely be stealing more and more from them as the year progresses

The way I see it is he is replacing Gabe Davis who is replacing Sanders. So whatever Davis’ rotation has looked like the last few years, that’s what he is doing imo. And if anyone gets hurt he fills in there. Interested to see if they use him in the return game as well. 

45 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Why did Jalen drop? I saw him listed as the #2 best tight end on some draft websites.  This could be a steal. 

I didn't have seasons to the Ags but went to quite a few games and gave been following them religiously since.

Watched every game this year.

Jalen dropped because Zach Calzada took over for Haynes King at the beginning of the season who got hurt in early September. Aggies we're ranked top 5 going into the season if you remember.

Calzada was okay but nothing special at all which led the to the Aggies only being a fringe top 25 team this year.

Despite that Wydermyer was still a 2021 Mackey Award Finalist.

He continued to impress me each game despite sub-par QB play.

With Allen throwing the rock, the sky is the limit for him. 

Edited by Kaenon
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The way I see it is he is replacing Gabe Davis who is replacing Sanders. So whatever Davis’ rotation has looked like the last few years, that’s what he is doing imo. And if anyone gets hurt he fills in there. Interested to see if they use him in the return game as well. 

I doubt that. Davis is about to have a monster year

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I doubt that. Davis is about to have a monster year

I said Davis is replacing Sanders as the number 2 and Shakir is taking over Davis’ old spot. Meaning Shakir’s usage is probably going to be similar to what we saw with the Davis the last few years. Apologies if I was unclear. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Ryan bates  and saffold starting guards. With Ike and Mancz and Quessenberry as 3 backups to be able to plug in... we are actually pretty deep at position. I could have seen us bring in an OG to compete  with Bates in round 2 or 3 but after that i dont think its necessary to bring one in for depth purposes as we have a lot of interior guys on roster.

Mancz is the equivalent of Jeremiah Sirles.........who half the board had no idea he was on the team.............and Ike tore his achilles this past season and even the homer Sal Capaccio says he isn't sure if Boettger will be healthy enough to make the team in September. 

This IS before injuries and covid list(which is still a thing in sports).

Their depth is VERY suspect at interior OL depth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.