Reported Bills UDFA signing - 11 signed, 3 Camp Invites *Updated* 09:32 (4 open spots)

MAJBobby

53 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Just curious why?

Rambo 2 first blood. The one in Vietnam not Afghanistan. 

Rambo while he played well at Miami, doesn't do anything for the Bills offense. He's not overly explosive, he has okay hands, he definitely was able to take advantage of coverage when Miami went tempo, but he was inconsistent (sounds weird to say when you talk about the guy who just set a bunch of records). When he played against above average CB he was a non factor. Miami has two really good TEs who may come next year plus they have a good younger WR in Keyshawn Smith, but Rambo is one of those college guys who plays well but won't be a guy who makes a living on Sunday. Most likely a deep depth guy. 

53 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Just curious why?

Rambo 2 first blood. The one in Vietnam not Afghanistan. 

Edited by Monty98
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Then Davis' spot as the 3rd outside WR has not been filled. They need to get a UDFA or veteran in the building to make sure Kumerow isn't handed that job. Maybe Dorsey plans on running more 2 TE and/or 2 RB sets that will make a 3rd starting caliber outside WR less of a need, I don't know.

So you did mean #2 WR.  That's what I thought (and Davis has earned the right to be pencilled-in at the #2 spot)  But yes, I agree that more depth would be a good thing.  There are a few unsigned veteran WRs who could fit the bill, and probably more to come.

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

There is upside there. Has to beat out Sweeney. 

He already has...

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Did you honestly watch that game and think Davis' play on the field matched the statistical output? I don't want to downplay it too much, he had a great game. But his record setting performance was more a function of Allen putting on one of the greatest displays of QBing in playoff history and Diggs taking attention away, not to mention an awful CB performance from Mike Hughes. I guess they are just going to hand the 2nd WR job to Davis at this point which I can settle for. But who is going to be the next guy on the depth chart?

Davis is the new Edmunds.

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Wydermyer was on my list.  Bring me any of these guys

image.thumb.png.f314bb23d9b256fc7fea7907cecb7155.png

The Dodgers just got Tre Turner.  Cross him off.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Everything I've read says that Shakir is slot only. Stevenson probably won't make the roster...

Then Davis' spot as the 3rd outside WR has not been filled. They need to get a UDFA or veteran in the building to make sure Kumerow isn't handed that job. Maybe Dorsey plans on running more 2 TE and/or 2 RB sets that will make a 3rd starting caliber outside WR less of a need, I don't know.

ok just cause you read a report isn’t true . I’m sure they have the intentions of playing Shakir at both. Not gonna have 3 slot only guys. Their gonna try him outside 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

So you did mean #2 WR. 

Last year the #2 spot was split between Davis and Sanders. Personally I think Davis fits better in this offense when he isn't a full time #2 and can take advantage of more favorable matchups created for him. It may be that the Bills have decided he's going to be the full time #2 and they're fine with Kumerow backing him up. That's not what I would do though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Justyn Ross is a really boom or bust kid, he was going to be a stud prior to the neck injury, it's one of those things that if Buffalo can get him in, our medical staff would be the few I trust to give him a pass medically. IMO better than Mike Williams at Clemson and was an absolute monster that National Championship year

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He’s an unathletic receiving TE. Like a Lee Smith who can’t block lol

Seemed to be open deep on a lot fo plays.  Good hands and fast enough to get open and get YAC.  

Looks pretty good.  We will see how he pans out.

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I’m sure they have the intentions of playing Shakir at both.

I'll be surprised if McDermott gives a day 3 rookie two roles on offense. He likes bringing rookies along slowly. Let him compete for the slot job, that's where his skill set fits. Maybe he'll develop into an outside WR at some point.

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Not gonna have 3 slot only guys.

Yeah I think McKenzie's roster spot is possibly in danger, or maybe Crowder's.

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Did you honestly watch that game and think Davis' play on the field matched the statistical output? I don't want to downplay it too much, he had a great game. But his record setting performance was more a function of Allen putting on one of the greatest displays of QBing in playoff history and Diggs taking attention away, not to mention an awful CB performance from Mike Hughes. I guess they are just going to hand the 2nd WR job to Davis at this point which I can settle for. But who is going to be the next guy on the depth chart?

Davis is going to be a breakout star this year, just wait.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.