Reported Bills UDFA signing - 11 signed, 3 Camp Invites *Updated* 09:32 (4 open spots)

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

They will be able to get certain positions. Like I don’t think getting a QB will be a problem. Hey you’ll be 3 on the PS, Keenum leaves and your the # 2 guy if you develop. 

should be able to convince a TE and Guard fairly easy. Maybe a LB as well but beyond that yea it will be tough. 

Except he will be QB#4 behind Keenum and Barkley - and Barkley may be PS bound.

They also drafted 2 LBs and at TE they still have their UDFA from last year - so they have 4 - with a young guy already.

They will pick up a few cut guys also before TC.

Edited by Rochesterfan

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

Except he will be QB#4 behind Keenum and Barkley - and Barkley may be PS bound.

They also drafted 2 LBs and Still have their UDFA from last year - so they have 4 - with a young guy already.

They will pick up a few cut guys also before TC.

Yea I’ll be honest I completely forgot about Barkley 

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I joked in the Benford thread about teams poaching our practice squad. The UDFA signings are usually fun but we’re kinda just coaching them up for some other teams to grab now which makes it less fun for me anyways 

This is why NFL Europe was great. Teams could let their prospects get real game experience and give them time to develop.

Fred Jackson played for the Rhein Fire and probably wouldn't have had an NFL career without having that opportunity after going undrafted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah a UDFA outside WR will be competing against the likes of Jake Kumerow and Isaiah Hodgins. That's an easy pitch to an agent trying to advise their client on the best destination. We haven't replaced Emmanuel Sanders' spot yet. There is possibly a space available there.

Similarly we should have our pick of the UDFA TEs. In fact I'm shocked we didn't draft one after meeting with seemingly every one of them.

Slow the roll.

Sanders failed to record a TD in his last 9 regular season games in Buffalo.

His last regular season TD was on October 10th.

How does that happen with JA as your QB?

He had 3 weeks recording 0 catches for 0 yards last year.

He had 1 TD in the post season on 1/15/21

Gabe Davis won the spot.

Davis set the all time NFL record in a playoff game for yards and TDs

He helped win the Indy playoff game the year before.

Gabe Davis is the replacement

Buffalo added Crowder to replace Beasley and kept McKenzie for the slot.

Buffalo drafted Kalil Shakir in the 5th.

He is 6'0" 196

4.43 40, 4.21 20 yd shuttle

He is the outside WR depth

He will be given every chance to unseat Kumerow and Hodgins.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Shakir and Stevenson can both play outside 

Everything I've read says that Shakir is slot only. Stevenson probably won't make the roster...

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

Gabe Davis.

Then Davis' spot as the 3rd outside WR has not been filled. They need to get a UDFA or veteran in the building to make sure Kumerow isn't handed that job. Maybe Dorsey plans on running more 2 TE and/or 2 RB sets that will make a 3rd starting caliber outside WR less of a need, I don't know.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, BTB said:

Always a chance…and they certainly

have a good shot to stick on the practice squad, if they have a good camp. 

I kinda like the standards are so high to make the team and really any UFDA that has the confidence to compete with the talent we have probably means they are pretty decent and the lessor athletes weed themselves out by signing elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Gabe Davis won the spot.

Davis set the all time NFL record in a playoff game for yards and TDs

Did you honestly watch that game and think Davis' play on the field matched the statistical output? I don't want to downplay it too much, he had a great game. But his record setting performance was more a function of Allen putting on one of the greatest displays of QBing in playoff history and Diggs taking attention away, not to mention an awful CB performance from Mike Hughes. I guess they are just going to hand the 2nd WR job to Davis at this point which I can settle for. But who is going to be the next guy on the depth chart?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.