Reported Bills UDFA signing - 11 signed, 3 Camp Invites *Updated* 09:32 (4 open spots)

MAJBobby

45 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Like I do every year I will keep all the reported signings below. However they tend to come fast and Furious. So if you see one not listed here feel free to say it and tag me with link. Will update the main post. 

as we are in the rounds players are sitting there thinking might be better to go UDFA at this point I figured I would start the thread to be ready to start updating it. 

I know in past I loved UDFA looking for players to still contribute right away. Bills are no longer at that point but get me players with at least ONE elite trait 

It will be interesting.  Beane told Sal last year with the roster so complete - the Bills will struggle to get even average UDFAs to sign.  Hence the need to pick up extra draft picks to fill the roster.

My guess is 6-8 UDFAs with maybe an OL, TE, and WR.  It will be limited I would guess.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

It will be interesting.  Beane told Sal last year with the roster so complete - the Bills will struggle to get even average UDFAs to sign.  Hence the need to pick up extra draft picks to fill the roster.

My guess is 6-8 UDFAs with maybe an OL, TE, and WR.  It will be limited I would guess.

They will be able to get certain positions. Like I don’t think getting a QB will be a problem. Hey you’ll be 3 on the PS, Keenum leaves and your the # 2 guy if you develop. 

should be able to convince a TE and Guard fairly easy. Maybe a LB as well but beyond that yea it will be tough. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

They will be able to get certain positions. Like I don’t think getting a QB will be a problem. Hey you’ll be 3 on the PS, Keenum leaves and your the # 2 guy if you develop. 

should be able to convince a TE and Guard fairly easy. Maybe a LB as well but beyond that yea it will be tough. 

Yeah Buffalo should be very appealing to:

WR (boundary type)........maybe Charleston Rambo who they met with

TE ........like maybe Wydermeyer if he is still there

QB ........like Cole Kelley if AFC East teams don't get him to mimic Josh Allen on their practice squad

OG.........need bodies there

The amazing depth of the Bills roster is greatly overstated.......especially on the offensive side of the ball.......this UDFA class is going to be the largest ever so they should be able to get some competition and maybe even a guy or two who will actually MAKE the 53.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Just curious, what are the rules regarding UDFA.  Like can teams talk money with them prior to end of draft, contract is all agreed to and as soon as Roger says "This concludes the 2022 draft" they are hitting the send button on their fax machine so he has the contract?

Yes usually GMs are on the phone with guys in the 7th putting out their pitches in case they don’t get drafted . Talking signing bonus years etc 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Start with the Buffalo Bills PR Twitter page

the link puts in 30 tweets so I didn’t post the actual link 

That will only be when they are officially announced by the team. Which typically is days away 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.