Round 6 Pick 209 (31): OT Luke Tenuta, Virginia Tech

Hapless Bills Fan

21 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I'm getting Wyatt Teller vibes

I wish, man, but Teller is one of them freak athletes with crazy strength and agility, just happens to be a big dude. He switched to OL from DL after his first year at VTech (I think, not 100%) so he had only played OL for a couple of seasons before Beane drafted him. The dude also had some major ADD that went unaddressed until like his final year in school. Supposedly it was impacting his play on the field, but he’s since sorted it out. The Bills must’ve done a decent job coaching him up given the pick they got in return for him. Put all that together and that’s how the dude has turned into an all pro. Teller had all the physical tools and just needed to sharpen his skill set and now he’s a top OL in the league. I think Tenuta has been playing OL for a while now and he’s just pretty average with what seems like below average athleticism right now. I’m not trying to knock your opinion or anything, I just think Teller and Tenuta are completely different players. They could certainly coach up Tenuta into a spot starter and a decent backup, anything’s possible. But just from reading and comparing the scouting reports on these guys shows that they’re on different levels in a lot of categories. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/30/2022 at 11:43 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Unathletic too tall lineman. Barely a camp body. Would have preferred a S or an OG. I wanted an OT out of the top four rounds but gave away a pick and drafted an undersized LB.

Oh well. Like I said they got a starting corner. The rest will be fighting for jobs.

Why do you keep on repeating "undersized LB"? We already have one "undersized LB" and he is one of the best player in the team.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Why do you keep on repeating "undersized LB"? We already have one "undersized LB" and he is one of the best player in the team.

He is when healthy which may be due at least in part to his size.

Why not just draft a prototypical sized LB? Look at the position groups the Rams or Tampa Bay puts on the field.

I do understand the trend is to have speed and range at LB.  However, no linebacker including Edmunds or Milano can defend these elite TEs.  So giving up size for coverage ability is not always a good trade off.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why not just draft a prototypical sized LB? Look at the position groups the Rams or Tampa Bay puts on the field.

I do understand the trend is to have speed and range at LB.  However, no linebacker including Edmunds or Milano can defend these elite TEs.  So giving up size for coverage ability is not always a good trade off.

Perhaps not, but evidently that is what they prioritize, and hence why they are not just drafting a "prototypical sized lb."

18 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It’s not just for covering tight ends it’s also for teams that have elite running games and we need to be able to stop them by putting bigger players on the field then dbs

Adapt or die Ethan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.