Round 6 Pick 209 (31): OT Luke Tenuta, Virginia Tech

Hapless Bills Fan

I read some scout quotes on this pick. Unfortunately, a really mean quote stuck out. A scout said, “I love his dad, he’s been a defensive coach for 30 some years. Luke ain’t *****, though, he’s nothing.” Swell, lol. I know it’s “how the old scouts talk” and all that, I’ve just never been a fan of describing another human so poorly. There are better ways to word “I don’t think he has what it takes” ya know?

• Like (+1) 1

I didn’t understand this pick either. The guy can’t move. He’s a camp body in the 6th rd. Other than being tall, I’d really like to hear the rationale for taking him over a player like West. Obviously there’s rationale - just want to hear it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Airseven said:

I didn’t understand this pick either. The guy can’t move. He’s a camp body in the 6th rd. Other than being tall, I’d really like to hear the rationale for taking him over a player like West. Obviously there’s rationale - just want to hear it.

He competed at the senior bowl and had some really good reps. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I had season tickets to Tech last year and got to see this guy a bunch.  In person, he stood out as a massive dude who seemed to move around pretty well against solid competition (UNC, Notre Dame, Pitt).  Tech had very poor QB play so they had to run it a ton, and the o-line did a pretty good job.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He looked pretty good in my re-watch of the East-West Shrine game in the DVR. Nothing earth shattering, but he looked pretty good in pass pro and got some push. Seemed like

more of a position blocker, like more of a get in the way and swivel than destroying people. But not the worst pick for a developmental tackle.  

But this feels a little like an “Austin Proehl favor to dad” draft pick. But the guy is big and has been around the game his entire life and from all accounts is a great kid. Fun fact, dad worked under Chan Gailey at Georgia Tech a while back. 

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

He's gotta be 1 or 2 out of 1683 RAS on that mullet.

Also, someone needs to wear Bill & Ted's favorite number.

Probably not the very top because the RAS goes back to 1983.    There were Kentucky waterfalls galore in the 80's.  But definitely in the mix for the past 30 years.   Robert Gallery comes to mind.

• Like (+1) 1

Happy they got a OL at some point, but there were 3 or 4 other OL who slipped to the 6th I liked more.

Cade Mays, J Salyer, Lecitus Smith, Shaffer etc....

Alec Lindstrom went undrafted and I would have liked that pick more...

OL not a strength of OBD.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.