Rd 6, Pick 180 (1): Punter Matt Araiza, San Diego State

DJB

44 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Any idea why he doesn't hold? I'd ask if it's something which could be coached but if so would it have been done at college?

From what I've read in college it's often the norm.  The holder is often some redshirt freshman QB. 

Maybe high end college punters that feel they will get drafted request to hold by their junior or senior year so they have experience??

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

From what I've read in college it's often the norm.  The holder is often some redshirt freshman QB. 

Maybe high end college punters that feel they will get drafted request to hold by their junior or senior year so they have experience??

He was the FG kicker, that's why! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

They’ll be games where the anthem is the only reason his rises from the bench. 

Don't be ridiculous, I'm sure we won't just go for 2 all the time, he'll have to hold for the extra points.😏

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

There’s one in every crowd. 

3 step punters get kicks blocked. That's reality. IDGAF about everyone's man crush on this punter.  It could be ANY punter. 3 steps is bad.  I said the same thing about Haack last year in the PS re: punts getting out slowly, got shouted down and he cost us the game week 1.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

3 step punters get kicks blocked. That's reality. IDGAF about everyone's man crush on this punter.  It could be ANY punter. 3 steps is bad.  I said the same thing about Haack last year in the PS re: punts getting out slowly, got shouted down and he cost us the game week 1.

Have him set up one step farther back from the line of scrimmage. Problem solved. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Haack has only 2 punts blocked in his entire NFL career... it happens every once in awhile.

9 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I know it's college, but how many did he have blocked?

Haack had an uncomfortable pause between catch and drop.

This kid does not.

I'll take the Bills scouting over "Thats No Moon."

This kid is going to be a fun training camp story and a fan favorite during the reg season. 

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.