Rd 6, Pick 180 (1): Punter Matt Araiza, San Diego State

DJB

8 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I believe they were considered better directional punters, also with great legs ( you knowwhat I mean). I also think they hold foy FGs. I believe if still available the Bills may have preferred the guy from PSU

Nice gams?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Because he was both kicker and punter at San Diego State. 

Fair enough - he never got the chance then. Probably why he went third (that and the belief that he needs to measure his kicks more so they come down on the field of play rather than out of the back at times).

Still love this pick.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Araiza jerseys are going to outsell Allen jerseys this year. 

I don't know about that (unless it's because we all already have Allen jerseys), but I did just say to my wife that I bet he is going to sell a ton of jerseys this year. 

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Rd 6, Pick 180 (1): Punter Matt Araiza, San Diego State
Just now, buffalo2218 said:

Has any fan base praised a punter pick this much aside from maybe Ray Guy in Oakland?

I highly doubt fans went this nuts over Guy back then.  No Internet,  less hype and coverage 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.