Rd 6, Pick 180 (1): Punter Matt Araiza, San Diego State

DJB

19 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

lol feel bad for our other punter. he took a pay cut to stay on the roster 

He knew he would have to compete for the job, I'm sure.

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kicking with the wind on one of those crazy weather days and he's going to boot it out of the Stadium.

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

that would be my preference, but they aren’t going to take him out of the QB room or waste a gameday spot on a holder. I am pretty sure it has to be Azaria. And if he can’t do it, Haack wins the punting job. 

Surely you can't be serious. Backup QBs can be holder

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

All this excitement over a sixth round punter who we're only gonna get to see two times a game anyway...

Unless playing the Cheaters - then 0

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

there are limitations on QB’s having enough practice time with the kicking units. So pretty much only punters now hold. I can’t think of a single team where the backup QB holds anymore. 

so we are going to cut him because he can't hold? we drafted him to kick

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

there are limitations on QB’s having enough practice time with the kicking units. So pretty much only punters now hold. I can’t think of a single team where the backup QB holds anymore. 

Someone asked Belichick about this in a press conference and he talked about for half an hour...it was the happiest I've ever seen him in a presser...

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

the bills should just have Barkley hold full time and activate him on game days in that role. I don’t want any punter messing up Bass again. 

If the Bills are going to have to activate a 3rd QB, they might as well just keep Haack to hold & keep Barkley on the practice squad.  We've had 2 kickers before, why not 2 punters? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.