Rd 6 pick 185 (6): CB Christian Benford, Villanova

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Udubalum07 said:

In reading some of the scouting reports, I wonder if he is someone that they feel can be like Hyde or Power. Both played corner and college and turned into NFL safeties. They were also both later round picks.

This is what I am thinking. We will see where they put in come practices. I am guessing he is a Safety prospect for Bills. 

checks the boxes for Safety 

top end tackler

good in Zone

ball skills. 
smart. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

wow— for real? I had no idea. I sort of lumped Villanova in with UConn— elite bball school, but sort of non-existent or start-up football program.

I believe they are Div. 1-AA now...same level of play as Georgia Southern, NDSU, Montana, etc...it's actually pretty good football. 

14 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Beane hasn’t been perfect in his drafting for his career but I will still take his evaluation of players over some random Internet GMs who don’t know who this guy is. I have no idea who he is either but I love this pick…

Was listening to Bill Polian this morning on the radio. He was kind of ripping all these mock drafters which is still a large step up from most posters here.  He talked about how these people don't have half the information NFL teams have such as; medical, psychological, and think he called it security, i.e. how many times have you been arrested or maybe came close to it, friends you have out with, etc.

So for them to praise or rip a pick is useless as they likely have little idea what went into the selection.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.