Rd 5, Pick 148 (5): WR Khalil Shakir, Boise St

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah it was made clear on Thursday night by our esteemed TSW Opinion Control Managers that any pick in the 4th round or later was pretty much worthless? ;)

I think we should credit McBeane for the picks and welcome them to Buffalo, but be sure to remind them their stay will be brief.  Sad. ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

Diggs

Davis

_____  UFA/Trade (Landry/Julio/?) 

Shakir

Slot: Crowder / McKenzie 

Flex: HB/WR: Cook

Kumerow

Hodgins

Stevenson

UDFA’s

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Robert Woods clone?

Shakir can carry the ball if Dorsey wants to get creative. 71 rushes at Boise

Edited by Warriorspikes51

21 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs

Davis

Shakir

So you actually believe the Bills are going to sign Julio or Landry?

OK, I guess

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs

Davis

Shakir

Slot: Crowder / McKenzie 

Flex: HB/WR: Cook

Kumerow

Hodgins

Stevenson

UDFA’s

I think you posted a similar suggestion in the Elam thread, with regard to the CB position. Can't tell if it's just to spur conversation or what. In any event, I'm not expecting a big name addition.

Edited by NickelCity

8 minutes ago, The Dean said:

So you actually believe the Bills are going to sign Julio or Landry?

OK, I guess

We were very interested in Landry when he became available. Didn’t sign due to his $ demand. That could change if he accepts less.  I’m not a big fan of his, but it would be interesting

10 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I think you posted a similar suggestion in the Elam thread, with regard to the CB position. Can't tell if it's just to spur conversation or what. In any event, I'm not expecting a big name addition.

Well Joe Haden is about the only successful Florida Gator CB.  We like to bring in a Vet CB. He’s friends with Von who openly said he’s been recruiting Haden. Elam went to Florida. Seems like a match…. IF Haden is okay not being a full time starter

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

We were very interested in Landry when he became available. Didn’t sign due to his $ demand. That could change if he accepts less.  I’m not a big fan of his, but it would be interesting

I can't imagine it. But OK. 

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He’s had some injuries and average QB play. Is one of the best blocking WR’s and gets open. Very competitive. He could thrive here

No, you're probably right. He'd be THRILLED being the 3rd WR (as you have him) or 4th option for Josh. Making WAY less than he has been and likely thinks he's worth. No I can't see any issues there.

• Eyeroll 2

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

No, you're probably right. He'd be THRILLED being the 3rd WR (as you have him) or 4th option for Josh. Making WAY less than he has been and likely thinks he's worth. No I can't see any issues there.

Depends: Does he want 100 targets and more $  or 60-70 targets with a great shot at a ring

• Like (+1) 1

I've looked and I can't find anything negative about this pick anywhere. I'm not trying to be a downer, I'm just curious why he fell to the 5th, especially in a draft with an early run on WR. I love the pick as does seemingly everybody else in the universe. Some mocked him going late 2nd, so what's the catch if any? Did we just completely luck out?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Well Joe Haden is about the only successful Florida Gator CB.  We like to bring in a Vet CB. He’s friends with Von who openly said he’s been recruiting Haden. Elam went to Florida. Seems like a match…. IF Haden is okay not being a full time starter

With what money are we going to make the signing my bet is that we are going to find a sign of veteran defensive back before we sign another high profile wide receiver

Edited by John from Riverside

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.