Rd 5, Pick 148 (5): WR Khalil Shakir, Boise St

YoloinOhio

The Bills were pretty lucky to get a WR of this caliber at #148...I'm not sure why he fell other than the inability for teams to pinpoint how they will use him. But I also think that's what makes him a real cool prospect.

Throughout the process this year I looked at SO many WR's. Like too many...I felt this was the Bills second greatest need...And I don't know if it's just the #2 or what, but Shakir reminds me of Robert Woods. The first play I saw I thought of Woods. Shakir is a little shorter (about a half an inch), but faster than Woods, and he just reminds me of that kind of tool...He's a competitor, and he is fast...He and Cook are going to bring some nice needed speed...This Offense is going to be insane.

Though I don't think he's the exact fit to replace Smoke/Sanders as an outside guy, I do think he can play a bit out there...Eventually though he'll be a very cool slot weapon...

Real good pick...Process guy...Very good...B-)

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I bet if we had drafted Shakir in the 3rd round and Bernard in the 5th round the consensus opinion on this board would be more positive.

Probably. Per ESPN Pre-Draft Scoring :

Bernard: Grade - 62 / OVR Rank - 145

Shakir:    Grade - 71 / OVR Rank - 102

So yeah, before the draft Shakir was definitely considered an overall better talent & graded as 3rd round type of prospect. Bernard was viewed as a later round pick. Fans would've likely been ok not knowing who a 5th round player even was 😅

3 hours ago, Logic said:

The Bills offense appears to be leaning into the "position-less offensive players" movement.

I think that's McDermott's model.  I think that's who Bernard is, too.  Forget what you call the player's position.   Just get really good football players and put them on the field.   

Speed, height, and versatility.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.