Rd 5, Pick 148 (5): WR Khalil Shakir, Boise St

YoloinOhio

James Cook, Khalil Shakir, and Isaiah McKenzie are all guys who can and have played in the backfield, the slot, and outside, and who have jet sweep/gadget utility.

If he so chooses, Ken Dorsey now has the weaponry to employ quite a bit of creativity, motion, and misdirection on offense.

The Bills offense appears to be leaning into the "position-less offensive players" movement.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

His body control on catches outside of his frame is incredible. That combined with hie YAC ability, he has a ton of upside. Seems like he just needs to clean up some focus drops.

And for everyone whining that the Bills didn't add a YAC WR on day one or two... There are YAC WRs available on day 3 of every single draft. That's where the value is for that skill set.

That's what is impressing me the most.  He's not just burning guys in his YAC, he's just being really slippery and weaving through the DBs, very intriguing. 

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The more film I watch on him the more I like the pick. He is a combination of McKenzie's and Beasley's skill sets but with more size. In fact I think McKenzie's spot on the roster is now in question. I can't foresee us rostering three slot receivers.

people have been trying to get rid of McKenzie for years, and he always beats out the competition. That’s what I love about him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I worry about his functional strength to win on the outside and he has a tendency to round routes off at the top. The second of those is correctable. The first is just a physical limitation I'm not sure there is much you can do about that. We'll see but if he is going to have a good NFL career it will be in the slot and as a gimmick guy IMO.

That's fair enough. I don't see who ends up as Diggs backup if Diggs is #1 and Davis is #2 then. 

I think Shakir has the speed and enough size to play outside some of the time. I'll bet you 2 pence Shakir ends up on the depth chart both outside and in the slot 🪙.

Edited by Motorin'

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

James Cook, Khalil Shakir, and Isaiah McKenzie are all guys who can and have played in the backfield, the slot, and outside, and who have jet sweep/gadget utility.

If he so chooses, Ken Dorsey now has the weaponry to employ quite a bit of creativity, motion, and misdirection on offense.

The Bills offense appears to be leaning into the "position-less offensive players" movement.

The Bills offense is going to be literally unstoppable...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JBI$111 said:

4.43 speed

Shakir is a human highlight reel. Great body control, great hands, 4.43 speed, 6'0, 196 pounds, understands how to use leverage, can find soft spots in zone, two time First Team All-Mountain West and just a quick guy. Apr 19, 2022

Only a little slower than 4.42 James Cook.  They present an interesting combo 

i think this kid is going to be  a star.   great hands and concentration.   can catch in traffic, can go up for the ball and win one on ones in the air.  has the speed  to play deep and the shiftiness to play out of the slot as well.  makes one handed catches look easy.   he may not be elite in any one area but really good in just about every area.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That was an impressive highlight reel from early in the thread.

Not often do you see a WR make so many spectacular catches.

I was struck by how well he made adjustments to actually make those catches.

With his speed, character, this appears to be a 'steal' where we've got him.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.