Rd 5, Pick 148 (5): WR Khalil Shakir, Boise St

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You forgot Taiwan Jones at RB. He's likely on the team. 

That's 4 RBs.

Do we keep 7 WRs like last year? We aren't keeping 8. Like Jones, Touchdown Jesus is on the team for ST ability.

I wonder if Stevenson and Hodgins get cut. Possibility of stashing on the PS. I don't know how Crowder's or McKenzie contracts work but I don't think either are roster locks.

Sweeney is probably gone. You forgot Quentin Morris at FB/TE.

I know - Jones is a lock just wanted to keep it at offense only.  Kumerow is a lock to.

I think Moss, Stevenson, and Hodgins are in serious trouble.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Agreed. And my big hope is that Hodgins is fully healthy and can nail down the final spot as a legit outside (though not speed) guy, passing both Kumerow and Stevenson. Really liked him as a draft pick, and it sounds like he has impressed in camp, but just had too many injuries. Who knows, though?

I also wonder if they will really keep all three slot-type guys - Crowder, McKenzie, Shakir. Could well be, but could one of them possibly be cut?

McKenzie can play in the slot, but is more of a Swiss army knife gadget guy. We know that Daboll loved him for all those traits. It remains to be seen if Dorsey will utilize these talents, but he is unique on the team. If Shakir shows real potential in the P/KR game, that would go a long way in securing a position on the 53, and I see no reason not to keep all three.

Be that as it may, I have to believe that Hodgins has an uphill climb to break into the 53.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

yea ... i did research of my own... no way he is a third rounder...

Cool. You didn’t grade him that high. There are disagreements all over about all players. Just like with The Teams and their Real Scouts. 

9 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Ok Bobby... I have a lot of respect for you... but i have way more respect for all the nfl scouting, GM's and Coaching in deciding what rounds these guys go... then you...  You have him graded in round 3... who else has this dude graded round 3? and if so why did he slip 2 rounds?

Why is that even remotely important?

if you’re that curious, do your own research.

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

I know - Jones is a lock just wanted to keep it at offense only.  Kumerow is a lock to.

I think Moss, Stevenson, and Hodgins are in serious trouble.

I think we're going to end up with some pretty good players on our PS this season and other teams will poach throughout the year.

As much hate as Stevenson gets I hope we can stash him on there because I do still think he has potential to develop into a good depth WR and our PR/KR.

• Agree 1

Kumerow played 269 snaps on teams last year, Third Generation NFL Player, suspect he will be a core special teamer, and 6-4 is a nice target in the red zone.

If I were a WR/Returner with a history of putting the ball on the ground; I might be a little worried with the addition of Mr. Shakir.  He's also a California guy, so you know he will be happy to play catch with JA17.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Cool. You didn’t grade him that high. There are disagreements all over about all players. Just like with The Teams and their Real Scouts. 

Right but i am not using a crystal ball infront of me and saying a 4th or 5th grade player(I trust experts more then you) is going to be better then what we have...

That is serious crystal ball work

35 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Nice essentially got a 4th rounder here in value!

Some had him graded as a 3rd or even a 2nd...basically he could be our 3rd WR from day 1 if we didn't have Crowder and MacKenzie...probably will ease him in but don't be surprised to see him taking snaps from those guys later in the year.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.