Rd 5, Pick 148 (5): WR Khalil Shakir, Boise St

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I'm concerned he's not going to make the roster.  Buffalo is so deep at WR, especially, Marquez Stevenson, Isaiah Hodgins and Jake Kumerow already.  

Yeah it was made clear on Thursday night by our esteemed TSW Opinion Control Managers that any pick in the 4th round or later was pretty much worthless? ;)

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, JMM said:

That's a nice thought but actually since our roster is so loaded most UFA'S are more likely to sign elsewhere where they will think they have a better chance of sticking

True. Cannot wait to see what they do in 6th coming up with 3 more picks and 2 in the top 8 of the 6th. 

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Bills Offense Skill Positions Depth Chart:

RB:

Singletary

Cook

Duke

Moss

WR:

Diggs

Davis

Crowder

McKenzie 

Shakir 

Stevenson

Kummerow

Hodgins

TE:

Knox

Howard

Sweeney

You forgot Taiwan Jones at RB. He's likely on the team. 

That's 4 RBs.

Do we keep 7 WRs like last year? We aren't keeping 8. Like Jones, Touchdown Jesus is on the team for ST ability.

I wonder if Stevenson and Hodgins get cut. Possibility of stashing on the PS. I don't know how Crowder's or McKenzie contracts work but I don't think either are roster locks.

Sweeney is probably gone. You forgot Quentin Morris at FB/TE.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Bold crystal ball work their... considering he has not played an ounce of NFL yet

Yep and I also have a 3rd round grade on him too. What have those three really done in the NFL (Hodgins, Stevenson and Kumerow). Side Note Kumerow should just transition to TE. 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Agreed. And my big hope is that Hodgins is fully healthy and can nail down the final spot as a legit outside (though not speed) guy, passing both Kumerow and Stevenson. Really liked him as a draft pick, and it sounds like he has impressed in camp, but just had too many injuries. Who knows, though?

I also wonder if they will really keep all three slot-type guys - Crowder, McKenzie, Shakir. Could well be, but could one of them possibly be cut?

Hodgins might be the big possession receiver kind of like we used David Nelson back in the day.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I also do not have him graded in 4-7. In reality my grade on him was end of Round 3. And you can see me calling his name in the Round 2 thread. 

Ok Bobby... I have a lot of respect for you... but i have way more respect for all the nfl scouting, GM's and Coaching in deciding what rounds these guys go... then you...  You have him graded in round 3... who else has this dude graded round 3? and if so why did he slip 2 rounds?

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

If he can't beat out Hodgins and Kumerow we're in trouble.

It speaks to the superior depth though.  Beane was wise enough to bring back Kumerow and he's played real NFL minutes.  And then there's Stevenson who might be the fastest guy next to Tyreek Hill and is a true sleeper with returner ability.  He was picked in the 6th round last year.  

Not to mention, people are already forgetting Hodgins, a 2020 6th.  Those guys are McBeane picks too who haven't had their time to shine.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

It speaks to the superior depth though.  Beane was wise enough to bring back Kumerow and he's played real NFL minutes.  And then there's Stevenson who might be the fastest guy next to Tyreek Hill and is a true sleeper with returner ability.  He was picked in the 6th round last year.  

Not to mention, people are already forgetting Hodgins, a 2020 6th.  Those guys are McBeane picks too who haven't had their time to shine.  

Stevenson was not good last year and appeared much slower than expected. He will need a strong camp to make this roster

• Agree 4

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Rd 5, Pick 148 (5): Khalil Shakir, WR Boise St
6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Ok Bobby... I have a lot of respect for you... but i have way more respect for all the nfl scouting, GM's and Coaching in deciding what rounds these guys go... then you...  You have him graded in round 3... who else has this dude graded round 3? and if so why did he slip 2 rounds?

There are many scouting reports you can see that have him ranging from rounds 3 to 5. But I also grade my own and I know I am on outside looking in and do not have all the data these teams do. So there are many reasons he could go different from where I think. Like Cook. If he wasn’t a RB he would not get discounted from me. Things like that. But honestly if you do look at the round 2 thread I started saying his name. 

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

YOU do who else grades him at 3?

Sure Nate Tice had him as HIS 43rd overall player. Is one. 

another Source 

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2022/khalil-shakir

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

There are many scouting reports you can see that have him ranging from rounds 3 to 5. But I also grade my own and I know I am on outside looking in and do not have all the data these teams do. So there are many reasons he could go different from where I think. Like Cook. If he wasn’t a RB he would not get discounted from me. Things like that. But honestly if you do look at the round 2 thread I started saying his name. 

yea ... i did research of my own... no way he is a third rounder...

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Stevenson was not good last year and appeared much slower than expected. He will need a strong camp to make this roster

Of course, but you can't teach speed nor is there anyone on that roster who can get deep the way people are hyped about Stevenson.  He might be last year's sleeper the way Shakir is this year's sleeper. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.