Rd 5, Pick 148 (5): WR Khalil Shakir, Boise St

YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

My Lindy's Draft guide magazine is incredibly complementary of him. I'll transcribe his scouting report:

Strengths: Quality receiver in the improvisational game, adjusting on the fly and coming back to the ball.

Pro Comparison: Diontae Johnson, Steelers

This stuff right here. This is the match to the Bills O and the danger they bring from extended and off-scripts plays with Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsVet said:

I'm concerned he's not going to make the roster.  Buffalo is so deep at WR, especially, Marquez Stevenson, Isaiah Hodgins and Jake Kumerow already.  

He is already better than those 3. #JustSaying 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Bills Offense Skill Positions Depth Chart:

RB:

Singletary

Cook

Duke

Moss

WR:

Diggs

Davis

Crowder

McKenzie 

Shakir 

Stevenson

Kummerow

Hodgins

TE:

Knox

Howard

Sweeney

Kumerow is WR6. Moss is RB3. 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I would have to also guess weapons that go undrafted would sign in B-Lo to try and get tape with an Elite QB 

That's a nice thought but actually since our roster is so loaded most UFA'S are more likely to sign elsewhere where they will think they have a better chance of sticking

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I would put Kumerow ahead of Stevenson, especially if he loses the competition at P/KR, which I certainly hope he does.

Agreed. And my big hope is that Hodgins is fully healthy and can nail down the final spot as a legit outside (though not speed) guy, passing both Kumerow and Stevenson. Really liked him as a draft pick, and it sounds like he has impressed in camp, but just had too many injuries. Who knows, though?

I also wonder if they will really keep all three slot-type guys - Crowder, McKenzie, Shakir. Could well be, but could one of them possibly be cut?

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Enemarty said:

Could not agree more.  So much of the concern appears to come from the perspective that we are in a competition to get an A grade in the Sunday morning draft report.  Beane is concerned about making the team stronger.  In round 3, he could find an OL for the future, but he has been tinkering with OL in FA, so maybe that can wait. Or he could go speedy WR, or he could look to strengthen the LBs, and the list goes on.  All needs, it's just how to go about it.  He opts to find a backup (at least for now) for Matt with what looks like possibly a Matt clone.  Outside of 13 secs and other season-ending moments, for me, when Matt went down two years ago, my stomach dropped.  And remember, for a game or two, it did not look like AJ was going to be the answer.  When he grabs Bernard, he addresses that need and starts a run at the position.  Hmm.  Then he sneaks up and grabs Shakir, who many grade much higher.  Over the last few years, every time a drumbeat starts that Beane is over his skis, he suddenly comes back with another wizard move.  

Willing to bet he thinks Kromer coaching them up will improve everyone across the board on the OLine. Dude was amazing the first time he was here.

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

The board consensus heading into the draft was that 4-7 rounders aren't going to make the roster.  Buffalo's too deep at every position.  

I also do not have him graded in 4-7. In reality my grade on him was end of Round 3. And you can see me calling his name in the Round 2 thread. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.