NFL Draft 2022 Fourth to Seventh Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

What ARE the Patriots doing? I actually like Jack Jones as a day 3 prospect, but he is strictly a slot and they already took Marcus Jones who is also strictly a slot. It makes no sense to me. 

Marcus Jones will be forced to only play on ST and Jack Jones will be turned into a Safety.

4 minutes ago, Deadstroke said:

Badly handled, huh?  With 3 picks we got a potentially great CB, a speedy and super fast and athletic pass receiving RB, and a small, but highly productive LB (does 20 tackles, 2 sacks in a bowl game ring a bell).  I think that we have done just fine thus far. 

Elam was a good pick but we lost the fourth round pick to get him; Cook was a slight reach as he's more of a third round pick though I can see exactly why we went for him. Bernard was a fourth or fifth rounder again picked early.

This could be a draft that is looked back upon as a stunning one if they come off; I really hope so. But we have ended up with a trade which resulted us in losing our fourth round pick, reaching for two other players and a bizarre number of six round picks which are very unlikely to make any real impact. If you're going to put the franchises in order of success I think the Bills come in the bottom third.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

I personally hope they stay put and keep those 6th rounders, this staff has found numerous late round steals - Levi Wallace, Taron Johnson, Dane Jackson, Matt Milano, Gabriel Dais come to mind. I know Davis and Johnson were 4th round picks but still I mean mid to late round pick.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel2014

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Two commercials I’m absolutely sick of so far during the draft:

1. Ewan McGregor Travel

2. Pizza Hut big box 

You should try watching it in the UK on Sky. The same trailers over and over again. It'll be the same for the evening games from September; no originality whatsoever!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

Stud rookies can contribute. I didn’t say they’re as good as Buffalo.. just said they have picked up some solid prospects and have seemingly closed the gap some. If Wilson can be serviceable and the rookies play well, might not be the dumpster fire everyone is still expecting. 

The Jets have to deal with Becton’s weight issue and a generally sour locker room , hoping the young studs don’t fall into the poor culture…

tough ask.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I know he's a tiny smurf, but I'm really surprised that WR Calvin Austin III hasn't gone yet. Game changing speed and athleticism, and won out wide -- not just in the slot -- in college.

He tested better than his actual athleticism showed on film. I had him a little higher than this - late 3rd - but I can understand why he is sliding. 

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I personally hope they stay put and keep those 6th rounders, this staff has found numerous late round steals - Levi Wallace, Taron Johnson, Dan Jackson, Matt Milano, Gabriel Dais come to mind.

OK, maybe I need to take my comment back about the sixth rounders!

Just now, UKBillFan said:

You should try watching it in the UK on Sky. The same trailers over and over again. It'll be the same for the evening games from September; no originality whatsoever!

The trailer for "The Staircase" and that Mother Theresa documentary x100

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Elam was a good pick but we lost the fourth round pick to get him; Cook was a slight reach as he's more of a third round pick though I can see exactly why we went for him. 

If McKissic doesn't renege on his signing with the Bills I wonder who Beane would have taken in the 2nd? But yeah, in retrospect, the Cook selection is now quite obvious as he has a similar skill set to McKissic in the passing game.

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If McKissic doesn't renege on his signing with the Bills I wonder who Beane would have taken in the 2nd? But yeah, in retrospect, the Cook selection is now quite obvious as he has a similar skill set to McKissic in the passing game.

Cook probably has a higher ceiling.  But yeah, is he drafted if McKissic was signed?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.