NFL Draft 2022 Fourth to Seventh Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

Just now, ALLEN1QB said:

I'm sure if you had 32 7th round draft picks technically you could move up to the 1st round finding somebody willing to do that is another thing. 

The question was for people who know the draft pick chart , will 6th rounders equal a 4th round pick. I was answering that posters question, I wasn't saying a team would accept that.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To get to the middle we'd have to give our 5th and our first two 6ths. That could get us to around pick #120ish.

Okay given there have already been some guys at the top of my board snagged.... here is a list of my remaining BPA...

1. Darian Kinnard, IOL, Kentucky

2. Carson Strong*, QB, Nevada

3. Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA

4. Justyn Ross*, WR, Clemson

5. Brandon Smith, LB, Penn State

6. Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State

7. Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina

8. Jayln Armour-Davis, CB, Alabama

9. Charlie Kolar, Tight End, Notre Dame

10. Calvin Austin, WR, Memphis

With respect, as fans why do we even rate the players. General managers know everything and have all the tools they need. As a fan, there is no need to project, critique, or predict draft choices.  Trust Beane and give him the benefit of the doubt. It is silly to disagree with his picks. Doing so will only make you look foolish. 

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Think it's been badly handled by McBeane unfortunately. Good Free Agency, poor draft.

Badly handled, huh?  With 3 picks we got a potentially great CB, a speedy and super fast and athletic pass receiving RB, and a small, but highly productive LB (does 20 tackles, 2 sacks in a bowl game ring a bell).  I think that we have done just fine thus far. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

With respect, as fans why do we even rate the players. General managers know everything and have all the tools they need. As a fan, there is no need to project, critique, or predict draft choices.  Trust Beane and give him the benefit of the doubt. It is silly to disagree with his picks. Doing so will only make you look foolish. 

This is a discussion board... people discuss stuff.

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The biggest difference between teams in the NFL is the QB. We have a top 3 one. Have the Jets gotten good players. They sure have. Do they have a QB near Allen’s level. Nope 

While you’re correct, we have to be careful with that one. If the Jets have the right supporting cast in play, they may only need Wilson to be somewhat of a game manager. Some teams with relatively weaker QB’s have been dangerous.  I believe the Dolphins and the Jets have done a real nice job closing the gap (on paper for now), and neither have a QB that makes me jealous. They will both win games. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

Be shocked if we don't package those picks to move in. Maybe he's trying but there are no takers. All those 6th rounders won't even make the practice squad let alone the roster. Seems like such a waste.

I trust Beane. He will probably pick 2 or 3 6th rounders that make the pro bowl. 

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

Be shocked if we don't package those picks to move in. Maybe he's trying but there are no takers. All those 6th rounders won't even make the practice squad let alone the roster. Seems like such a waste.

I guess we tried to trade our second round to return to the fourth and had no takers, hence we ended up with the sixths.

Just now, Playoffs? said:

While you’re correct, we have to be careful with that one. If the Jets have the right supporting cast in play, they may only need Wilson to be somewhat of a game manager. Some teams with relatively weaker QB’s have been dangerous.  I believe the Dolphins and the Jets have done a real nice job closing the gap (on paper for now), and neither have a QB that makes me jealous. They will both win games. 

What are they going to field this season? An all-rookie team?

1 minute ago, Deadstroke said:

Badly handled, huh?  With 3 picks we got a potentially great CB, a speedy and super fast and athletic pass receiving RB, and a small, but highly productive LB (does 20 tackles, 2 sacks in a bowl game ring a bell).  I think that we have done just fine thus far. 

a lot of fans still have a drought mentality. Draft operates slightly differently when you are in our current position. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

It's a hobby. I do it for fun.

Oh and also no GM bats 100. 

Edited by GunnerBill

Just now, GunnerBill said:

What ARE the Patriots doing? I actually like Jack Jones as a day 3 prospect, but he is strictly a slot and they already took Marcus Jones who is also strictly a slot. It makes no sense to me. 

I think they picked Jones for his return ability.  Didn't they lose their return guy to Pittsburgh?

1 minute ago, clayboy54 said:

What are they going to field this season? An all-rookie team?

Stud rookies can contribute. I didn’t say they’re as good as Buffalo.. just said they have picked up some solid prospects and have seemingly closed the gap some. If Wilson can be serviceable and the rookies play well, might not be the dumpster fire everyone is still expecting. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.