NFL Draft 2022 Fourth to Seventh Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

4 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Who knows draft value/points?

Could we move up into the middle of the 4th round?  And how many/which of our picks would we have to give up?

To get to the middle we'd have to give our 5th and our first two 6ths. That could get us to around pick #120ish.

Okay given there have already been some guys at the top of my board snagged.... here is a list of my remaining BPA...

1. Darian Kinnard, IOL, Kentucky

2. Carson Strong*, QB, Nevada

3. Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA

4. Justyn Ross*, WR, Clemson

5. Brandon Smith, LB, Penn State

6. Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State

7. Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina

8. Jayln Armour-Davis, CB, Alabama

9. Charlie Kolar, Tight End, Notre Dame

10. Calvin Austin, WR, Memphis

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To get to the middle we'd have to give our 5th and our first two 6ths. That could get us to around pick #120ish.

Okay given there have already been some guys at the top of my board snagged.... here is a list of my remaining BPA...

1. Darian Kinnard, IOL, Kentucky

2. Carson Strong*, QB, Nevada

3. Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA

4. Justyn Ross*, WR, Clemson

5. Brandon Smith, LB, Penn State

6. Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State

7. Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina

8. Jayln Armour-Davis, CB, Alabama

9. Charlie Kolar, Tight End, Notre Dame

10. Calvin Austin, WR, Memphis

Let’s do this, Dr. Beane!

Just now, Shake_My_Head said:

Tough to sit out the fouth and most of the fifth and watch all these good prospects fly off the board.   This is a pretty frustrating draft year.

Think it's been badly handled by McBeane unfortunately. Good Free Agency, poor draft.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

Tough to sit out the fouth and most of the fifth and watch all these good prospects fly off the board.   This is a pretty frustrating draft year.

that’s what happens when your at the bottom of each round unfortunately. The draft is less exciting but take solace we’re 1 of the best teams in the league 

1 minute ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Most of these teams have a long way to go to close the gap w/ Buffalo.  They likely won't do it w/ late rounders.

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Think it's been badly handled by McBeane unfortunately. Good Free Agency, poor draft.

Too much fantasy football will make you see it that way. Real life in football is very different, and things do not often turn out the way we expect.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

that’s what happens when your at the bottom of each round unfortunately. The draft is less exciting but take solace we’re 1 of the best teams in the league 

I hope we don't take too much solace.  The NFL is the Not For Long league and the roster needs constant replenishment.    Likely we only to get two 2022 gameday contributors and (hopefully) some effective depth for down the road out of this class.    

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Who knows draft value/points?

Could we move up into the middle of the 4th round?  And how many/which of our picks would we have to give up?

If we trade all of our 6th rounders it comes to 54 points roughly, that equals pick #120 (Washington Commanders) in the 4th round

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel2014
  • Like (+1) 1

I hope we don't take too much solace.  The NFL is the Not For Long league and the roster needs constant replenishment.    Likely we only to get two 2022 gameday contributors and (hopefully) some effective depth for down the road out of this class.    

The biggest difference between teams in the NFL is the QB. We have a top 3 one. Have the Jets gotten good players. They sure have. Do they have a QB near Allen’s level. Nope 

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

If we trade all of our 6th rounders it comes to 54 points roughly, that equals pick #120 in the 4th round

I'm sure if you had 32 7th round draft picks technically you could move up to the 1st round finding somebody willing to do that is another thing. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.