NFL Draft 2022 Fourth to Seventh Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Would love to know his reasoning!

He talked about Elam making a really good defense even better and he is a  lock down guy. He loved the Cook pick as a do it all playmaker. Then talked about the punter. He essentially said that times when the offense doesn’t score, Araiza can flip the field. Rhett Lewis chimed in, that his neighbor is former left footed punter Jeff Locke, and Locke texted him that the wind pattern in Buffalo is better for left footed punters. Lewis also said that Shakir is a great weapon for Josh. 

Marc Ross picked the Jets. 

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He talked about Elam making a really good defense even better and he is a  lock down guy. He loved the Cook pick as a do it all playmaker. Then talked about the punter. He essentially said that times when the offense doesn’t score, Araiza can flip the field. Rhett Lewis chimed in, that his neighbor is former left footed punter Jeff Locke, and Locke texted him that the wind pattern in Buffalo is better for left footed punters. Lewis also said that Shakir is a great weapon for Josh. 

Marc Ross picked the Jets. 

Can certainly see the upside on Elam, Cook, Shakir and Araiza. Bernard and Benford are decent picks for the franchise though reached on both. Appreciate the point he’s putting across, though.

• Like (+1) 1

The thing is, our draft was really only for depth and 1 need (well 2 if you count the punter)

and we got both high quality players for the punter (if he can hold) and the CB as well.   Both immediate players.

All the rest is depth..

It feels so good to draft for depth and development instead of need all the way.

Last years draft,  with time, I have a feeling will turn out to be above average players or even great players.  

No longer are we needing players to come in and play immediately or expect them to be amazing out of the gate.  We can give them time and trust our coaches and staff.

2 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I'm happy at least one other person realizes Brown was a nice story last year, but is no stud.

He had a solid rookie season for a mid level pick, but got chewed up at times and JA bailed him out.

As for Ford:

He is still in the mix on OL

They think he has the skills to be in the NFL

They want to see what Kromer can do with him

they had conversations with him this off season and he has a blank slate to start over

Careful, you’re making a mistake choosing your friend here, unless you always want to be on the negative side.

19 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Can’t watch NFL network on days 2 and 3. They don’t cover anything. Just promote NFL crap. I know a lot of people don’t like ESPN but their draft coverage is so much better. 

ABC was the worst. Half the show wasn't even about football. I tried NFL Network too, but ended up with ESPN. It was the most tolerable.

14 hours ago, CaliBills said:

The thing is, our draft was really only for depth and 1 need (well 2 if you count the punter)

and we got both high quality players for the punter (if he can hold) and the CB as well.   Both immediate players.

All the rest is depth..

It feels so good to draft for depth and development instead of need all the way.

Last years draft,  with time, I have a feeling will turn out to be above average players or even great players.  

No longer are we needing players to come in and play immediately or expect them to be amazing out of the gate.  We can give them time and trust our coaches and staff.

Didn't Barkley hold at one point. If the kid is a boomer, maybe they can teach him to hold. If not, I'm sure we are not the type of team to take chances and leave that position in flux. Bass may have a say in who is holding for him. 

14 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

ABC was the worst. Half the show wasn't even about football. I tried NFL Network too, but ended up with ESPN. It was the most tolerable.

Yeah that ABC show is for the general public, not football junkies. It has that Lifetime movie after school

special feel. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.