NFL Draft 2022 Fourth to Seventh Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Spencer Brown isn't worth a darn? He had a solid rookie season for a 3rd round pick.

Yeah I worded that poorly.

PS Spencer Brown is not a long term starting RT. He exceeded expectations last year, but is not a starting RT for a Super Bowl winner IMO.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

They must have faith in the Quessenberry, Ford, Mancz, Boettger IOL depth chart.

Of that list, I only have faith in Quessenberry as a capable backup.

Won’t surprise me if they sign another FA or two, as well as whatever UDFA might have to offer.

• Agree 1

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

PS Spencer Brown is not a long term starting RT. He exceeded expectations last year, but is not a starting RT for a Super Bowl winner IMO.

I gotta disagree there.  If anything he's an excellent long term prospect with an athletic profile that is absurd for the position.  The sky is the limit with him developmentally, there's basically no ceiling. I'm not saying he'll reach that potential but it's definitely there. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

This is a weird take, in my opinion.

Its not as if Brown came into the league at his ceiling. He was very raw, coming from a lower level of competition and coming off a year of no football. To think he won’t improve with a year of NFL experience and an offseason in our strength and conditioning program is odd to me.

• Agree 8
  • Dislike 1

45 minutes ago, Logic said:

I usually prefer the NFL Network draft coverage to ESPN, but I have found it severely lacking in quality analysis this year.

I recognize that they're not going to break down every single day three pick, and that it's still a television show in the end, and they need to keep eyes on the screen, but...

They have spent the vast majority of day three re-hashing storylines, re-capping days 1 and 2, interviewing people, and showing musical performances. I've lost count of how many players they haven't said one word about.

They didn't say a thing about or show a single clip of Khalil Shakir or Benford kid in the sixth round.

Just an all around disappointing draft broadcast by NFLN this year.

It always amazes me the last day all networks go to interviews, meaningless discussion and ignore most of the picks.  Literally the reason people are watching is to see what the picks are.  And to say well, they don't have film on all of them - then nfln goes to stump the truck to shove in your face they can find film on any ridiculous college player you can think of - but we won't show you when they get drafted!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

People overrated Brown last year. Solid is a big stretch. Dude sucked in pass protection. 

What did he say about Ford?

I'm happy at least one other person realizes Brown was a nice story last year, but is no stud.

He had a solid rookie season for a mid level pick, but got chewed up at times and JA bailed him out.

As for Ford:

He is still in the mix on OL

They think he has the skills to be in the NFL

They want to see what Kromer can do with him

they had conversations with him this off season and he has a blank slate to start over

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

People overrated Brown last year. Solid is a big stretch. Dude sucked in pass protection. 

What did he say about Ford?

He was leagues better than Darryl Williams, to say he sucked is disingenuous. 

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

They must have faith in the Quessenberry, Ford, Mancz, Boettger IOL depth chart.

Of that list, I only have faith in Quessenberry as a capable backup.

Won’t surprise me if they sign another FA or two, as well as whatever UDFA might have to offer.

Really surprised they did not get an IOL.

1 really late OT pick.

Quessenberry can run block at RT.

Ford had a vote of confidence by Beane last night. Foolish IMO

Mancz has been a good UDFA story as a backup C but is hanging on

Boettger is coming off of an Achilles and will probably not be able to play this year

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.