NFL Draft 2022 Fourth to Seventh Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

18 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Hill is a huge loss for sure.  Thing is, they will adapt and use the pieces they got to not skip a beat, and improve their team by not focussing so much on a single guy.  Hate it, but that's how good Reid is.

You guys are focusing on the wrong team. The Chargers are the Bills biggest obstacle

I usually prefer the NFL Network draft coverage to ESPN, but I have found it severely lacking in quality analysis this year.

I recognize that they're not going to break down every single day three pick, and that it's still a television show in the end, and they need to keep eyes on the screen, but...

They have spent the vast majority of day three re-hashing storylines, re-capping days 1 and 2, interviewing people, and showing musical performances. I've lost count of how many players they haven't said one word about.

They didn't say a thing about or show a single clip of Khalil Shakir or Benford kid in the sixth round.

Just an all around disappointing draft broadcast by NFLN this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It is the leadership they lost as well with Hill, Hitchens and Mathieu. They were big personalities in that locker room and that element shouldn't be overlooked. I like the replenishments... Moore for Hill, Chenal for Hitchens and Justin Reid and Bryan Cook to come in for Mathieu at safety... but at the same time you have to replace the leadership. 

That's a good point.  I don't think the Chiefs are a bad teams by any means but when people are definitively saying "Well the Chiefs just got BETTER" it reminds me of the Patriots during their dynasty. It actually didn't matter what they would do, people just automatically assume it's awesome because it's the Chiefs.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It is the leadership they lost as well with Hill, Hitchens and Mathieu. They were big personalities in that locker room and that element shouldn't be overlooked. I like the replenishments... Moore for Hill, Chenal for Hitchens and Justin Reid and Bryan Cook to come in for Mathieu at safety... but at the same time you have to replace the leadership. 

Mathieu for sure.  Big loss, both on the field and in the locker room.  Personally would love the dude on the Bills if we had the need.

Hill?  Not so much.  Leadership is more than great plays on the field.  It's also how you handle yourself in public and in the locker room - See: Josh Allen.

I'm thinking Jojo Domann here.  The Bills like undersized LBs that can cover,  plus depth and special teams are always a factor in late picks.

A possible wildcard,  just because they can afford to take a flyer on a developmental prospect...QB Carson Strong. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Mathieu for sure.  Big loss, both on the field and in the locker room.  Personally would love the dude on the Bills if we had the need.

Hill?  Not so much.  Leadership is more than great plays on the field.  It's also how you handle yourself in public and in the locker room - See: Josh Allen.

Hill was a leader in that locker room. Is he a good person with a clean life off the field, no, but he was a big personality in that locker room and on that offense. He is an alpha personality and there is no obvious immediate replacement for that.

Edited by GunnerBill

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You guys are focusing on the wrong team. The Chargers are the Bills biggest obstacle

Don't disagree they will be an obstacle.

The real problem is Mahomes carries the team and until he doesn't, they will be the problem team for us.  

And as a FYI, I hate the chiefs.  Just being analytical.  

Edited by davefan66

1. Carson Strong*, QB, Nevada

2. Justyn Ross*, WR, Clemson

3. Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State

4. Dohnovan West, IOL, Arizona State

5. Verone McKinley, S, Oregon

6. Alec Lindstrom, IOL, Boston College

7. Tre Turner, WR, Virginia Tech

8. Smoke Monday, S, Auburn

9. Mario Goodrich, CB, Clemson

10. Josh Jobe, CB, Alabama

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.