NFL Draft 2022 Fourth to Seventh Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Feels like an unnecessary reach considering the players available. Liked the first two picks from today; not so much this one.

I'll trust their judgment on this one.  If there's one thing this staff has proven,  it's that they know how to scout and coach up defensive backs. 

Bedford does not look like a reach one bit.  He looks like an amazing Beane is a witch pick.  Kiper went on so long about him they had to cut him off.  One of his favorite players in the draft.  Then I open the "NFL Draft Bible" and it raves on and on about him and concludes "has the potential to be a star" in the league.  Never heard of this guy but he sounds amazing - big and tenacious.

From the draft bible:

A big physical cornerback, with ball-hawking skills and lockdown capabilities. This is a player that put in the right situations, can become a star.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Bedford does not look like a reach one bit.  He looks like an amazing Beane is a witch pick.  Kiper went on so long about him they had to cut him off.  One of his favorite players in the draft.  Then I open the "NFL Draft Bible" and it raves on and on about him and concludes "has the potential to be a star" in the league.  Never heard of this guy but he sounds amazing - big and tenacious.

From the draft bible:

A big physical cornerback, with ball-hawking skills and lockdown capabilities. This is a player that put in the right situations, can become a star.

That sounds more like it; have to admit reading up and they were saying he'd be a seventh round pick but there's obviously a big upside with him. To get in the sixth round - more than fine.

Okay board update... and there really is not much left.... here is my entire board remaining:

1. Carson Strong*, QB, Nevada

2. Justyn Ross*, WR, Clemson

3. Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State

4. Dohnovan West, IOL, Arizona State

5. Jaramee Salyer, IOL, Georgia

6. Verone McKinley, S, Oregon

7. Alec Lindstrom, IOL, Boston College

8. Tre Turner, WR, Virginia Tech

9. Cade Mays, IOL, Tennessee

10. Smoke Monday, S, Auburn

11. Mario Goodrich, CB, Clemson

12. Josh Jobe, CB, Alabama

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

From the draft bible:

Very intriguing, thanks for that

• Like (+1) 1

I grade our draft pretty high based on how it helps our team.

Of course jets, baltimore and kc will get the top reviews by networks which is fine.  jets have a terrible team and need all the help they can get.  Draft was good, but no significant bump this year.  Baltimore killed it, but have no clue how they fit all these guys on the roster.  kc improved their team for sure and the one I am the most concerned with.

Edited by davefan66

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Of course jets, baltimore and kc will get the top reviews by networks which is fine.  jets have a terrible team and need all the help they can get.  Draft was good, but no significant bump this year.  Baltimore killed it, but have no clue how they fit all these guys on the roster.  kc improved their team for sure and the one I am the most concerned with.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think the Chiefs are just straight up worse off than they were last year.

• Agree 1

Just now, davefan66 said:

Of course jets, baltimore and kc will get the top reviews by networks which is fine.  jets have a terrible team and need all the help they can get.  Draft them, but no significant bump this year.  Baltimore killed it, but have no clue how they fit all these guys on the roster.  kc improved their team for sure and the one I am the most concerned with.

Love this draft, can't believe it really.  Was feeling dark in the second when all those WRs were going.  And Beane wheeled and dealed and pulled out a beauty.  So impressed with our FO.  Shakir man, just can't believe we got him.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Okay board update... and there really is not much left.... here is my entire board remaining:

1. Carson Strong*, QB, Nevada

2. Justyn Ross*, WR, Clemson

3. Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State

4. Dohnovan West, IOL, Arizona State

5. Jaramee Salyer, IOL, Georgia

6. Verone McKinley, S, Oregon

7. Alec Lindstrom, IOL, Boston College

8. Tre Turner, WR, Virginia Tech

9. Cade Mays, IOL, Tennessee

10. Smoke Monday, S, Auburn

11. Mario Goodrich, CB, Clemson

12. Josh Jobe, CB, Alabama

Next is the undrafted FAs.  Filling out the training camp roster.  Maybe one or two diamonds in the rough.

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

Maybe I'm crazy but I think the Chiefs are just straight up worse off than they were last year.

Based solely on losing Hill?  Feel juju, MVS and Skyy make up for his loss and actually add to the team.  Hate saying it, but feel they improved.

6 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Yep. The Tyreek Hill trade was a piece of genius.

Just now, davefan66 said:

Based solely on losing Hill?  Feel juju, MVS and Skyy make up for his loss and actually add to the team.  Hate saying it, but feel they improved.

Losing Tyrann Mathieu, Juju and MVS are basically just Byron Pringle level replacements.  Skyy Moore is somebody I wanted but they don't have a clear 1 receiver and Kelce is a year older. 

I could totally be wrong, I just don't see them being nearly as dynamic without Hill.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.