NFL Draft 2022 Fourth to Seventh Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Just replace Hodgins with Kyle Phillips.  It's not like he's ever going to see the field.

Hodgins was cut after Training Camp and was a Practice Squad player all year. If he's back this year, it would be in the same role. 

It would be a replacement for Marquez Stevenson. I'd love to see us double up and take Bo Melton for his 4.34 speed. Have him battle Stevenson and I'd bet he'd win.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Shake_My_Head said:

O-line depth.

*facepalm*

Doyle, Quessenberry are your backup tackles

Ford, Boettger are your interior backups; if Morse gets hurt, Bates goes to center and Boettger slides in

We need depth next year, not this year.

If you draft someone this year, you are cutting Ford or Boettger, which is not going to happen.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

If you draft someone this year, you are cutting Ford or Boettger, which is not going to happen.

Hey, neither of those guys are locks.   Both have RAS scores below 5.5.    With the Bills moving to athletic/zone blocking OL, they're very easy to replace with draft picks.    Although I will say, the OL pool is pretty shallow now.

Edited by Shake_My_Head
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

*facepalm*

Doyle, Quessenberry are your backup tackles

Ford, Boettger are your interior backups; if Morse gets hurt, Bates goes to center and Boettger slides in

We need depth next year, not this year.

Guess what…if Ford or Boettger can’t beat out a day 3 pick, they deserve to be cut. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

He played over 100 more snaps outside than in the slot last year. 

I think we will be able to move him all over, you know we like versatility and mixing it up to keep the d off balance. 

He can run Beasley routes and Jon Brown routes. 

Ah ok. I stand corrected! That’s great

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If you look at the depth chart, Sweeney at 3rd string TE, IOL backup, and punter are only 3 positions a guy picked from here on out would have even a fighters chance to make the roster.  

While I mostly agree, I disagree on IOL thoroughly and I think a CB would also have a chance to unseat Cam Lewis if the Bills keep 6 CBs

Holes: P

Possibly rosterable: TE (3rd), WR (7th), CB (6th)

Just now, Shake_My_Head said:

Hey, neither of those guys are locks.   Very easy to replace with draft picks.    Although I will say, the OL pool is pretty shallow now.

McDermott LOVES Boettger and he's been good for us. Beane loves Ford and they haven't given up on him. Listen to Beane last night

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Good pick Bengals.   I liked Anderson.

not a great Bills fit imo tho. Anderson is a more of a down in the box safety type. The Bills need interchangeable guys who can play down near the lien and play deep safety. Not sure Anderson is that guy 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.