NFL Draft 2022 Fourth to Seventh Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Point is professionals make mistakes and fans often see them before they do. 

After considering the infinite amount of fans compared to the handful of professionals, it’s no surprise that many fans throwing sh*t against the wall will often have plenty stick

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If one of those 6th round picks becomes a starting OG, or a star WR, then yes.

Why are you so quick to have a take before the story is written.

The story takes 3 years to read. No one really knows how any of this will play out. Not Beane, Coach MCD, anyone here, and you or me. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

No, a first rd CB is not a similarly rated player to the guys going in the 4th. Similarly rated means there are actually 32 players with a grade for the round they are in. The reality is that there usually aren't. I could argue we took a 3rd rd player in the 2nd and a 4th rd player in the 3rd because we are picking at the end of the round anyway. Making a blanket statement that the draft is strong for 4 rounds and characterizing them as having similar value as far as depth pieces goes is disingenuous.

Disingenuous how? You are presuming I view Elam as being in a clear-cut 2nd tier with McDuffie behind Gardner and Stingley and a first-round talent, which few did, but Beane was apparently one of those. So be it. But placing these specific players aside, the vast consensus on the draft as far as depth goes, is as I spelled it out. Not superstar-heavy at the top, strong rounds 2 to 4, sparse after that. Beane minimized draft value in rounds 2 to 4. You can debate if that's where the strength of the draft lies, but that's incontrovertible. If Beane painted himself into a corner leaving a void at CB and getting screwed at 3rd down back, that's on him. Watching useful players come off one after the other after botching out of a position to get them is galling.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, julian said:

After considering the infinite amount of fans compared to the handful of professionals, it’s no surprise that many fans throwing sh*t against the wall will often have plenty stick

All the professionals have to do is bring home a Lombardi Trophy. Without that, Bills fans shouldn't be statisfied. Until then, the fans have every right to voice their opinion even if it's negative. 

• Agree 1

Okay start of Round 5 Board update:

1. Darian Kinnard, IOL, Kentucky

2. Carson Strong*, QB, Nevada

3. Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA

4. Justyn Ross*, WR, Clemson

5. Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State

6. Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina

7. Damone Clark*, LB, LSU

8. Kyren Williams, RB, Notre Dame

9. Khalil Shakir, WR, Boise State

10. Dohnovan West, IOL, Arizona State

I only have 26 guys left on my board. It got hollowed out a lot in round 4. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Another year of ignoring receiver. Still don’t understand that third round pick. 

OBJ
Julio Jones
Will Fuller
Jarvis Landry
TY Hilton
Keelan Cole

Would any of you fellas like to come win a Super Bowl?  All better than any 4th, 5th, 6th... I trust Beane will fill this roster with vets and trade up in the 5th to get a project and use the remaining 6's to take a few gambles on kids with high upsides to stash on the PS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

This Bills draft is almost as bad as last year...almost...😉

Other than Allen (which is obviously most important), his drafts have not produced high end talent- and many moves are suspect...

And yet we've been amongst the best teams in the league. Beane knows how to build a team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.