NFL Draft 2022 Fourth to Seventh Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Beane needs to have more self control...he’s constantly getting us bad value with his trade ups/downs...

Certainly appears to be the case thus far. He has several 6th round picks that seemingly have little value. Was trading back to get them a solid strategy in hindsight?

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Okay all my tight ends are now gone. The Bills had James Mitchell from V Tech in for a visit or a meeting I think.... I haven't watched him but he might still be an option. 

Mitchell was in for top 30, he is pretty talented

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ralonzo said:

But, most people projected the strength of the draft to be late first through fourth round, with a lot of similarly graded players graded throughout. Beane minimized the Bills impact by trading the 4th for a questionable move up, trading down the 2nd for picks outside the sweet spot, and reaching on picks.

And there goes Calvin Austin to the Steelers, a team that just does it right on draft day.

No, a first rd CB is not a similarly rated player to the guys going in the 4th. Similarly rated means there are actually 32 players with a grade for the round they are in. The reality is that there usually aren't. I could argue we took a 3rd rd player in the 2nd and a 4th rd player in the 3rd because we are picking at the end of the round anyway. Making a blanket statement that the draft is strong for 4 rounds and characterizing them as having similar value as far as depth pieces goes is disingenuous.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.