NFL Draft 2022 Fourth to Seventh Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

A punter in the 4th round? What? Since when was that a thing?

When the team who drafted him has 85% of the picks in the 4th round.

Everyone killed the Raiders when the drafted Janikowski.  Dude was a baller and played for 17 years for the same team, and then another year for someone else.  Well worth the pick if the dude solidifies the position for many years.  

Just now, UKBillFan said:

That's them!

I like the idea Elam, Cook and Bernard but could we have done better from the slots? Not so much Elam but the other two. I guess the positive is McBeane have a clear vision and who they want but then the same can be said about the Patriots (what the heck are they doing?)

I am looking forward to seeing them perform on the field. Perhaps the issue is I get attached to mock drafts and takes so when they're not followed it's a bit of a (to quote Lamar) WTF moment.

By virtue of picking late, the Bills have to get a feel for which round the position run is going to start and get in at the end of the previous round.

Elam, the way they're talking about him as "we'll train him up and he'll start sometime this year" which is what you normally say about Day 2 guys. And to move up for him... I don't know. 

Cook feels like a reach taken a round early to patch the hole McKissic left, as the RB run came in the 4th. Might have been able to get him in their spot in the 3rd, and if not there would still have been a lot of options.

Bernard, I feel like they might have targeted for the 4th, but because they felt the need to move up in the 1st they no longer had the pick. Would have been a good place to trade out for a couple of Baltimore's 4's maybe, but then you leave Brandt holding his Zubaz with nothing to do, and he'd probably slag Beane every morning from now till doomsday, and Pegula would freak out at that kind of bad PR, so they reached at least a round and maybe 2.

• Like (+1) 1

Okay board update time....

1. Darian Kinnard, IOL, Kentucky

2. Carson Strong*, QB, Nevada

3. Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA

4. Justyn Ross*, WR, Clemson

5. Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State

6. Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina

7. Calvin Austin, WR, Memphis

8. Damone Clark*, LB, LSU

9. Kyren Williams, RB, Notre Dame

10. Khalil Shakir, WR, Boise State

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.