NFL Draft 2022 Fourth to Seventh Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

OK, maybe I need to take my comment back about the sixth rounders!

Gabriel Davis, Taron Johnson were 4th rounders but still, mid to late picks haven't been horrible at all for us and I still think late round pick WR Isiah Hoggins will find a place on our roster possibly this year.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Gabriel Davis, Taron Johnson were 4th rounders but still, mid to late picks haven't been horrible at all for us and I still think late round pick WR Isiah Hoggins will find a place on our roster possibly this year.

That's why I really wish we had a fourth round pick.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, cle23 said:

Yeah, best kicker by far for a team with the worst kicker by far. And Winfrey earlier. Just terrible......

Im sorry. It’s very bad in my opinion. I hope it works out for you! My buddy is a browns fan and is texting me on suicide watch. Normally a homer, he’s finally turned 

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Elam was a good pick but we lost the fourth round pick to get him; Cook was a slight reach as he's more of a third round pick though I can see exactly why we went for him. Bernard was a fourth or fifth rounder again picked early.

This could be a draft that is looked back upon as a stunning one if they come off; I really hope so. But we have ended up with a trade which resulted us in losing our fourth round pick, reaching for two other players and a bizarre number of six round picks which are very unlikely to make any real impact. If you're going to put the franchises in order of success I think the Bills come in the bottom third.

Thank goodness for all the football experts here who know more than the Bills’ professional staff. I wouldn’t know what to think, otherwise.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

I know he's a tiny smurf, but I'm really surprised that WR Calvin Austin III hasn't gone yet. Game changing speed and athleticism, and won out wide -- not just in the slot -- in college.

With all these WRs going earlier,  it may just be that most teams are done at WR and there's more supply through the mid rounds than demand.  That could be good for the Bills if they want to take a WR in R5 or trade up at some point. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Elam was a good pick but we lost the fourth round pick to get him; Cook was a slight reach as he's more of a third round pick though I can see exactly why we went for him. Bernard was a fourth or fifth rounder again picked early.

This could be a draft that is looked back upon as a stunning one if they come off; I really hope so. But we have ended up with a trade which resulted us in losing our fourth round pick, reaching for two other players and a bizarre number of six round picks which are very unlikely to make any real impact. If you're going to put the franchises in order of success I think the Bills come in the bottom third.

Yeah that pick at 130 would have put the Bills over the top.  (sarcasm  alert).   Beane has a great track record.  ELam is a rock solid pick.  Cook was taken in the second to last selection of the second round (the range where he was slotted).  Bernard is productive player.  He is a tweener like Milano and will surprise with his play.

9 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

“Draft value” according to whom?  The talking heads whose job entails playing pretend GM who have no accountability with the predictions they make?

The bottom line is finding players that will contribute to the overall success of the team.  We won’t know that for another year or two but on the surface it appears to me that Both Cook and Elam could very well be upgrades over what we had and that hopefully Terrell can be a quality Special team we who provides quality depth and a situational piece when called upon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Im sorry. It’s very bad in my opinion. I hope it works out for you!

I mean, not saying he's a HoF player.  But people on here were talking about taking a punter in the 4th. Kickers are WAY more important. 

21 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

With respect, as fans why do we even rate the players. General managers know everything and have all the tools they need. As a fan, there is no need to project, critique, or predict draft choices.  Trust Beane and give him the benefit of the doubt. It is silly to disagree with his picks. Doing so will only make you look foolish

in response to the bolded for me I believe that Beane has earned the right for me to give him the benefit of the doubt as far as draft picks are concerned.

Is his record perfect? NO Is Brandon Beane a perfect General Manager? One of the best in the business but noone is 100% perfect. In my view his

true record won't be told until we know how many Lombardi trophies his tenure garnered. I think he is doing Everything humanly possible to

accomplish just that.

Edited by muppy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.