NFL Draft 2022 Fourth to Seventh Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

This might be harder to follow than days one and two but might as well have somewhere to discuss it! It feels like the Bills will not do the predictable and we do have a handful of picks in the sixth which we may try to trade up with.

At first I thought that's why Beane was collecting extra picks, to trade up. 

But regardless of value, does any team really want to trade a 4th for a bunch of 6th round picks?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But regardless of value, does any team really want to trade a 4th for a bunch of 6th round picks?

I wonder if we might chuck in next year's second or third to try and sweeten the pot, to then perhaps trade back in nearer the time?

• Shocked 1
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well...some teams really need volume because their rosters are so thin.  Carolina might be one to look at since they don't have much in this draft.

19 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I wonder if we might chuck in next year's second or third to try and sweeten the pot, to then perhaps trade back in nearer the time?

I’ve thought about that too, but it seems to be off the table…once you start doing that, you’ll end up with only a handful of picks next year, and you might really need them.

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They'd have to trade their 5th and the first in the 6th they got from Tampa to get up into the late 4th. Then if they wanted to get back into the 5th the other two 6th would do that. That would mean one 4th, one 5th and one 7th. Unless they give up next year picks that is the best they can do in terms of early picks today. 

2 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

5th and an early 6th to move into the 4th. Two sixes to move into the 5th. 7th round long snapper 🤷

Snap. Ha!

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting that Peter Schrager is saying the RB is deep with a lot of options on the board still. Wonder if we should have gone for a LB in the second, a WR in the third and left the RB until now on those grounds? But perhaps we didn't expect the WRs to go off the board at such a rate. Or perhaps we were never in for a WR.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

you don't give up a 2nd or 3rd to move in to the 4th round

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.