Sunday Ticket 2022

Jukester

4 hours ago, nucci said:

Cool, thanks. I'm also looking at Hulu live, it includes ESPN+ so I can get Sabre games. However, rumor popped up about google bidding for Sunday Ticket

Only thing I can compare YouTube TV tonis Sling as had that for about 6 months. Much prefer YouTube. And if you plan on sharing account , make sure you understand the policies on each. FUBU is way more restrictive for instance than YouTube , but has MSG … just have to figure out which one works the best for your particular needs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, zevo said:

I got a flier in the mail that says I will be getting it for free for being a loyal customer. 

25 year customer and my flier says it will be automatically renewed for 6 payments of $65.99. I will be calling soon

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/25/2022 at 6:32 AM, YoloinOhio said:

When is the best time to call and haggle? Is it still too early? Anyone have success via chat?

Best time to call Is early August, for me anyways.  Those are the times I swung a deal for free.  Last few years I tried early, and was told by the rep that new credits pop up beginning of the month and try in September.  Those were the times I got the worst deals, usually paying $100 bucks or more and getting the rest in credits. 

Had a big run years ago getting no haggle free ST.  Last 3 years has been a PITA.  Been with them since 2001 and have ATT wireless for about 5 years.  Doesn’t seem to help.  

Called a few weeks ago and had minimal haggling and got it for free.  Also have a nice discount that’s been running for a few months before that.

Best advice, don’t give up.  You’ll get some sort of deal with persistence.  Either credits that offset, or paying a reduced fee for ST.

• Like (+1) 1

just called...what a pain....had to switch to loyalty. 1st person kept having to refresh page...waste of time....talked to loyalty...$45/month off for 12 months...nothing on Ticket...Told me to call back in August. I'll keep trying

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to qualify for the streaming only as I have a student email address. There was an option to add a year of NFL+ Premium for $48. I thought “sure why not”. Well I’ll tell you why not. The code Directv gave me doesn’t work on the nfl website as it should. So I call directTv and their response is “wait a few weeks and try again”. I tell them just refund my $48. I get put on hold for 10 minutes and told they can’t because their website isn’t working so they can’t refund the money and to try again at a later time. Never change Directv, never change. 

53 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I was able to qualify for the streaming only as I have a student email address. There was an option to add a year of NFL+ Premium for $48. I thought “sure why not”. Well I’ll tell you why not. The code Directv gave me doesn’t work on the nfl website as it should. So I call directTv and their response is “wait a few weeks and try again”. I tell them just refund my $48. I get put on hold for 10 minutes and told they can’t because their website isn’t working so they can’t refund the money and to try again at a later time. Never change Directv, never change. 

I bought the same plan and had the same problem. All I could find was a DTV support number and none of the people I got pushed around to knew anything about the streaming Sunday Ticket. After 30 minutes, finally got the right people. Took a supervisor to finally tell me that they are having problems with the NFL+ website AND the Sunday Ticket website.  Said they hoped to have it fixed by the preseason openers. 

Even though I got the same story about not being able to cancel, I did get into my profile and was able to cancel the whole thing. The credit showed up on my card within 48 hours. 

Dodged a $167 bullet. 

On 7/26/2022 at 9:23 AM, nucci said:

just called...what a pain....had to switch to loyalty. 1st person kept having to refresh page...waste of time....talked to loyalty...$45/month off for 12 months...nothing on Ticket...Told me to call back in August. I'll keep trying

I got pretty much same deal. So, what they offered was 6 payment of $48.99 to cover Sunday ticket, but…$45 off for 12 months. The usual DIRECTV voodoo billing math. 
Effectively paying additional $3.99 for 6 months, then $270 off (6 months x $45) until next year. Not a bad deal. May be the last year we’ll be able to negotiate to this extent. 
When I asked the rep about NFL Max that I got for free last year along with the ST, she did a few key strokes and told me they threw in Max for free. Cool.
  Of course, when I got the bill, they included the extra $16.99 for Max. Not quite free.
Again, I had to call to get that dropped. 
That rep said there was nothing in the notes from previous call about Max, and she couldn’t add it without charging.  “Fine”, I Told her I didn’t care much about Max, anyway, so drop it. 
You practically have to have an accountant to understand their ‘charge and credit’ process when you get your bill. 
Here’s the part that pisses me off:

when they overcharged for Sunday ticket Max, it includes sales tax. BUT, when they provide the credit on the following bill it’s only the base price of that service. So I’m paying tax on something I didn’t get? It’s like buying a product at Home Depot and paying for the product and sales tax, then returning it and only getting your money back on the original sale price. I argued that point with the customer service rep for 15 minutes and she just didn’t get it. Finally I just threw my hands up and said F it. It was only a few dollars, but it was the principle of it.

Maybe that credit will be automated and she just wasn’t aware of how it works. 
We’ll see. 
Anyway, another year of enjoying Bills football in the cozy confines of my living room or man cave. 

Called and cancelled the auto-renew of Sunday Ticket bc my wife is a college student and we were qualified to get the streaming version.  Couldn’t find a working discount code (TEAMHUDDLE didn’t work), so we just paid the $119.00.

When I called to cancel the normal ST I asked if they could offer me any discounts or credits, and the girl gave me $50/month off for 12 months.

I then downloaded the ST app on the Firestick and successfully signed in, but there was no “content” to see yet on the app.  Was a bit concerned, but thought that it would be working properly come week 1.  Anyone else who has the student version having the same experience with the app?

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I then downloaded the ST app on the Firestick and successfully signed in, but there was no “content” to see yet on the app.  Was a bit concerned, but thought that it would be working properly come week 1.  Anyone else who has the student version having the same experience with the app?

Last year was the first time I used the College streaming option.  I didn't see any content until the start of the season and was worried too.

You would think the idiots would at least tell you everything is cool when you sign into the app the first time.

Poor customer interface but I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Called and cancelled the auto-renew of Sunday Ticket bc my wife is a college student and we were qualified to get the streaming version.  Couldn’t find a working discount code (TEAMHUDDLE didn’t work), so we just paid the $119.00.

When I called to cancel the normal ST I asked if they could offer me any discounts or credits, and the girl gave me $50/month off for 12 months.

I used the streaming option last year (not student pricing, unfortunately) and there was NOTHING until week 1. Hopefully that helps.

• Like (+1) 1

Made  my call today since they gave me ST Max for 6 payments of 65. After a few minutes on call I got max for 6 payments of 35$ however got 12 months of 25$ off added to my current discounts .  Asked about directv stream and ST is not an option on that so will keep sat se4vice after move even without a dish on house and use the directv app and ST app to cast to my TVs

I have a question.  I had DTV for like 20 years or more.  I had it because, obviously, I need to watch the Bills in Virginia.  I mistakenly got rid of the dish one year too early, and the only way I could go back is to sign a new 2 year agreement, which I'm not doing.  So, I found a college student, slipped him a $20 and got the streaming college discount and I'm good.  

But I do have a pretty extensive mancave.  I have three TV's on the main wall in order to watch three games at once.  When I had the DTV dish working, I always watched the Bills through the Genie receiver.  No problems.  Then, the app for the smart TV on the left hand side of the room always had another game on.  No problems there.  Since I had no other receivers I always then had to watch the local game on the third TV.  I used to have 4 receivers but I started to stream and started to cut down on the DTV bill, so I was stuck to this method.  You couldn't log in to a second location through the app.  It would kick you out of the other app.  

My question is this.  Does anyone know if the Streaming Version (College Student Version) will let me log in to more than one location at a time to watch multiple games at once?  Or, will I have to find another college student, and thus pay another $119, for each TV that I want to have unlimited access to all games?

I think this makes sense.

5 minutes ago, WideLeft said:

I have a question.  I had DTV for like 20 years or more.  I had it because, obviously, I need to watch the Bills in Virginia.  I mistakenly got rid of the dish one year too early, and the only way I could go back is to sign a new 2 year agreement, which I'm not doing.  So, I found a college student, slipped him a $20 and got the streaming college discount and I'm good.  

But I do have a pretty extensive mancave.  I have three TV's on the main wall in order to watch three games at once.  When I had the DTV dish working, I always watched the Bills through the Genie receiver.  No problems.  Then, the app for the smart TV on the left hand side of the room always had another game on.  No problems there.  Since I had no other receivers I always then had to watch the local game on the third TV.  I used to have 4 receivers but I started to stream and started to cut down on the DTV bill, so I was stuck to this method.  You couldn't log in to a second location through the app.  It would kick you out of the other app.  

My question is this.  Does anyone know if the Streaming Version (College Student Version) will let me log in to more than one location at a time to watch multiple games at once?  Or, will I have to find another college student, and thus pay another $119, for each TV that I want to have unlimited access to all games?

I don’t know the answer to your specific question but I do know that I subscribe to nfl ticket max where I have the games on my directv guide on my TVs, and then the app on my phone. I can have a many games as I want in different TVs but if I’m logged into the app on my phone, and a family member who I share my password with wants to watch a game on his phone via the app, we can’t both be logged in at the same time. Not sure if that helps or not. 

38 minutes ago, WideLeft said:

No you can’t watch with the streaming app in two locations at the same time. Last year if I even went from upstairs down to the basement to watch during the same game I had to re-sign in on the new device. I could only watch on one device (Apple TV box) at one time. 

Edited by Billznut

52 minutes ago, WideLeft said:

No you can only watch on one device and it will kick you out of the other. I have used the ticket U for the last 3 years. 

• Agree 1

On, 7/14 I spoke to retention.

The lady said I had the Ticket for free already and she was giving me $20 off for 12 months.

Got my bill yesterday…… $48.99 for the Ticket.

Just got off the phone.

Without going through the details, I’m getting the Ticket for $6.95 a month….. I can live with that.

Keep good notes boys and girls.

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.