Sunday Ticket 2022

Jukester

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Question for someone who knows.

Last year was my first year using my nephew's college package deal from DTV.  This year I'm using his son's college email.

What is the proper time to sign up again?  I'm thinking when preseason football starts.  Is that a good time?

That's what I've been doing the last few years.  I believe new member sign ups happen in the pre season 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

you had sunday ticket without Directv other charges service?

The total bill was $300, so I don't know as I never had DTV and had no streaming access to it's other channels. That might change this year with the general DTV Online option.

3 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

you had sunday ticket without Directv other charges service?

The total bill was $300, so I don't know as I never had DTV and had no streaming access to it's other channels. That might change this year with the general DTV Online option.

To be clear, live in an apartment.  Small 100+ year old house converted into apartments. So they never challenged my ability to bypass the dish itself. I suppose I could have used almost any address.  Again I think that changed recently for regular DTV service. I just don't know if you can get the Ticket without getting the online DTV now. 

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

To be clear, live in an apartment.  Small 100+ year old house converted into apartments. So they never challenged my ability to bypass the dish itself. I suppose I could have used almost any address.  Again I think that changed recently for regular DTV service. I just don't know if you can get the Ticket without getting the online DTV now. 

oh ok I have had DTV since 1996 I believe I am grandfathered in that I can get ST without any other service from them.  Considering the DTV stream now so dont need to install a dish in new home

On 7/15/2022 at 3:02 PM, The Avenger said:

So I made the dreaded yearly DTV call after reading this thread - God I hate this task....

No deals on Sunday Ticket (shocker!). They did give me $70/month for 12 months and a 1-time $100 Sunday Ticket credit so I got $940 in credits and paid $395 for Sunday Ticket - in the end I got ST for free and $545 in credits so I guess I'm OK - really hope the last time I have to do this BS...

For the second year in a row I don't have to pay and I get ST Max....just got an email from DTV on Tuesday....pretty excited to not have to haggle!!!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, The Dean said:

We know the NFL has a flair for the dramatic...maybe they'll make an announcement via a one hour special on NFL Network in the off-season, similar to the schedule release? :P

Seriously, I'm not concerned...seems like they have a stable of offers and like any business, will take the best one.

Oh, and I like how Florio took a story and tried to make it his own here...he's shameless.

12 hours ago, The Dean said:

Maybe they are realizing $3B is a lot to pay for this. I feel the cost of the Ticket is also going to increase significantly....Everyone complaining about DirecTV but we all get discounts and many get it for free after a phone call. Those days will be no more. We'll all pay full price

2 hours ago, nucci said:

Maybe they are realizing $3B is a lot to pay for this. I feel the cost of the Ticket is also going to increase significantly....Everyone complaining about DirecTV but we all get discounts and many get it for free after a phone call. Those days will be no more. We'll all pay full price

true on the Ticket price, but I am saving well over $200 a month by ditching DTV  ...so it still way better no matter what they charge

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, nucci said:

This ^^^^^

Directv is far from perfect like any dish or cable provider, but they have always been more than fair with loyal long time suscribers.

There will be no leverage to negotiate any discount with a streaming service that only charges a nominal monthly fee to begin with that anybody can cancel when they want without a contract.

Here's hoping that DTV can somehow retain sunday ticket at the 11th hour.

6 hours ago, nucci said:

I always thought the one billion Directv was paying was astronomical. The 3 billion is crazy. Obviously they have ran studies and it will pay off, because Apple is a hell of a lot better at business than I am. But just seems nuts. 

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I always thought the one billion Directv was paying was astronomical. The 3 billion is crazy. Obviously they have ran studies and it will pay off, because Apple is a hell of a lot better at business than I am. But just seems nuts. 

I don't think any of the suitors for the Ticket believe they are going to "make" money on the NFL package...it is a way to draw larger numbers of consumers to their services in general, because nothing is bigger than the NFL.  Apple TV+ wants more monthly subscribers, and they'll get a ton of them if they have the NFL.

• Agree 1

On 7/22/2022 at 11:18 AM, nucci said:

did you replace directv with another TV service?

I did...we now have youtube TV. DTV was killing me with equipment fees...that all goes away with streaming TV. Plus, it is perfectly fine to share  split the service under their family accounts. What great is each person gets their own online DVR too. So i have the service at our place in DC, our home in Richmond, son has it at college in WV, daughter has it at her home in DC, and my SIL has it in WNY. All of that for $90 a month which includes the sports channels( no msg though if you live in WNY and want Sabres). Get the Sunday ticket for $99 streaming with college email address, and the Sabres on ESPN +. ( NHL.TV was SOOOO much better)

All told, prolly saving over $300 a month if ya include the kids. Not an insignificant amount. The DTV model with all that hardware is just a dead model...equivalent to making people have a DVD player to watch a movie...

Edited by plenzmd1

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I did...we now have youtube TV. DTV was killing me with equipment fees...that all goes away with streaming TV. Plus, it is perfectly fine to share  split the service under their family accounts. What great is each person gets their own online DVR too. So i have the service at our place in DC, our home in Richmond, son has it at college in WV, daughter has it at her home in DC, and my SIL has it in WNY. All of that for $90 a month which includes the sports channels( no msg though if you live in WNY and want Sabres). Get the Sunday ticket for $99 streaming with college email address, and the Sabres on ESPN +. ( NHL.TV was SOOOO much better)

All told, prolly saving over $300 a month if ya include the kids. Not an insignificant amount. The DTV model with all that hardware is just a dead model...equivalent to making people have a DVD player to watch a movie...

Cool, thanks. I'm also looking at Hulu live, it includes ESPN+ so I can get Sabre games. However, rumor popped up about google bidding for Sunday Ticket

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Cool, thanks. I'm also looking at Hulu live, it includes ESPN+ so I can get Sabre games. However, rumor popped up about google bidding for Sunday Ticket

Yup, I have no complaints — financially or programming-wise — since ditching DTV for YoutubeTV.  If no streaming service gets the Sunday Ticket this season I think I’ll be able to use my mom’s DTV login (she got the email saying she’ll have it free this season) so I should be good to go.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

When is the best time to call and haggle? Is it still too early? Anyone have success via chat?

Call anytime...if no luck wait a day or 2 and call again. I forgot to call this weekend so I'll be calling soon

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.