Sunday Ticket 2022

Jukester

11 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

Yelling is the wrong term - finagling is more like it. Just the fact that they force me to come begging and negotiating with them is beyond frustrating and in my opinion, absolutely horrific customer service. I'm tired of being a longtime customer and not getting things others are getting - ever.  F those guys.

I concur but guessing that option will go away with new steaming service. Will have to purchase Apple TV, Disney+ or Amazon Prime along with Sunday ticket. Not expecting any discounts from them

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

They offer a streaming only NFL Sunday ticket?

$300 last year. No dish needed. Since they will have so many nationally televised games this year, I'm not sure I will renew.

But for those who think the price on the Ticket will decrease, you might actually be surprised. I think the only way it might cost less if if they allow you to buy a team-specific plan. I read it was on the table, but I've also read it wasn't likely to happen.  My guess is, if one is required to buy the entire package, the price is more likely to increase with a new service. Hope I am wrong about that.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

$300 last year. No dish needed. Since they will have so many nationally televised games this year, I'm not sure I will renew.

But for those who think the price on the Ticket will decrease, you might actually be surprised. I think the only way it might cost less if if they allow you to buy a team-specific plan. I read it was on the table, but I've also read it wasn't likely to happen.  My guess is, if one is required to buy the entire package, the price is more likely to increase with a new service. Hope I am wrong about that.

According to reports, the NFL’s upcoming contract with CBS and Fox prohibits the NFL Sunday Ticket from being offered at a reduced price, which suggests any streamer that obtains the rights to the package would likely have to charge extra for it.

So I made the dreaded yearly DTV call after reading this thread - God I hate this task....

No deals on Sunday Ticket (shocker!). They did give me $70/month for 12 months and a 1-time $100 Sunday Ticket credit so I got $940 in credits and paid $395 for Sunday Ticket - in the end I got ST for free and $545 in credits so I guess I'm OK - really hope the last time I have to do this BS...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Avenger said:

So I made the dreaded yearly DTV call after reading this thread - God I hate this task....

No deals on Sunday Ticket (shocker!). They did give me $70/month for 12 months and a 1-time $100 Sunday Ticket credit so I got $940 in credits and paid $395 for Sunday Ticket - in the end I got ST for free and $545 in credits so I guess I'm OK - really hope the last time I have to do this BS...

that's more than ok, that's great. You said they gave you $100 credit?

50 minutes ago, The Dean said:

So I had no clue this was a think or I absolutely would have bought it. The cost isn’t the big deal, it’s the fact that we dropped directv and would never go back to the dish or $100/ month service. I thought there was no way to get the ticket otherwise. 

56 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

$70/month is pretty good.  Did you have to lock in for a year with a contract?

44 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

So I had no clue this was a think or I absolutely would have bought it. The cost isn’t the big deal, it’s the fact that we dropped directv and would never go back to the dish or $100/ month service. I thought there was no way to get the ticket otherwise. 

Now that DTV has a streaming option for their regular service, they may indeed charge a bit more for the Ticket. I haven't checked it out yet. But their streaming cable replacement plan seems pretty reasonable. Since my landlord pays for the cable, I'm not really looking for a cable replacement just yet. Adding a streaming service here and there,

11 hours ago, nucci said:

as bad as directv is, with rumors that Apple will get it at close to $3B, we won't see any discounts or getting it for free. Will have to get Apple TV for $4.99 a month then whatever they charge for the Ticket....

This is what concerns me as well.

They will no doubt probably offer some package promotion the first year to get new users on board but long term have a suspicion they will charge a fortune for Sunday ticket and not be keen to offer discounts since their base service is so inexpensive compared to DTV.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is what concerns me as well.

They will no doubt probably offer some package promotion the first year to get new users on board but long term have a suspicion they will charge a fortune for Sunday ticket and not be keen to offer discounts since their base service is so inexpensive compared to DTV.

I’d be pretty shocked if Apple offers any discounts. The best I can see them doing is bundling it into their existing apple services as an all in plan. Something like music, tv, fitness, cloud storage, and Sunday ticket for $50 a month. 

55 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Now that DTV has a streaming option for their regular service, they may indeed charge a bit more for the Ticket. I haven't checked it out yet. But their streaming cable replacement plan seems pretty reasonable. Since my landlord pays for the cable, I'm not really looking for a cable replacement just yet. Adding a streaming service here and there,

I called DTV a few weeks ago to ask about their streaming service. The person I talked with said Sunday Ticket is not available on the streaming service. End of call.

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

Just curious....where'd you read that?

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

16 minutes ago, notwoz said:

I called DTV a few weeks ago to ask about their streaming service. The person I talked with said Sunday Ticket is not available on the streaming service. End of call.

I have DTV Streaming for regular cable TV (thru Apple TV) AND a dish for Sunday Ticket. My son is in a new house with no dish, and somehow he still gets to watch ST by streaming. I don’t know if he has my log-in or somebody else’s, but it definitely works somehow. What I have is overkill, but at least DTV Streaming works, while cable did not. AT&T is hot garbage for cable as all the old UVerse boxes are just refurbished junk. They wouldn’t work straight out of the box. They no longer make or support UVerse boxes, so I’m just glad to have something that works! 

How’s that for a satisfied customer? “Refreshing. At least this works.” What a ringing endorsement……..  🙄

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

The revenue the ticket generates is from fans who live out of market who want to watch their team.  That is the golden goose I always laugh when people come up with these ideas that would result in them paying less to “just watch their team”.  Lol if it was not for people wanting to watch their team the demand would be like 5% of what it is.  

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Just curious....where'd you read that?

I don't remember. I'm not even sure if it was an NFL centric site or a TV/Internet centric site. But I saw a couple stories that said to the effect "everything is on the table" and team specific season viewing was one of the things they mentioned.  I clicked on another article or two more recently from this forum where the take was that isn't going to happen.

At this moment it's all speculation quite frankly.  I'd love to only be able to pay for Bills games.  But if (for example) you can buy the entire package for $300, what do you think the price will be when they can chop it up by team? I'm guessing over $200 per team. WAG.  Completely fact and information free.  I guess we'll see. I hope I'm wrong and some steps up with something creative and a bit more affordable.

17 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

$70/month is pretty good.  Did you have to lock in for a year with a contract?

They did not say anything about a contract term but I imagine that it's for another year. OK with me - at worst I can get rid of them right before football season next year.

18 hours ago, nucci said:

that's more than ok, that's great. You said they gave you $100 credit?

She said there was no specific promo for Sunday Ticket but after shed had given me 470/month off my regular bill and we talked about ST she said whe could give me a one-time $100 credit for it so I took it. Was actually less painful this year than in other years - sometimes they're not willing to give you much at all.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, The Avenger said:

SOOO tired of DirecTV and their BS. I have been a customer for more than 15 years and NEVER ONCE was I given any sort of free or discounted Sunday Ticket. I have to call up and haggle and yell at them EVERY YEAR to get something. My mother was even given free ST one year and she doesn't watch football. It gets so annoying to be a longtime loyal customer who gets treated this way and as soon as I can get rid of these %*&&^% I'm going to rip the dish off my roof and send it back to them in small pieces, postage due - it'll be a great day...

I didn’t mind paying for it, but I was guaranteed to have at least one game a year with issues.  Crappy picture. Receiver issues at game time.  Inability to record a game one year.  I actually hated dealing with them.  

On 5/31/2022 at 5:54 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Looks like even though it's the final year for Sunday Ticket on DirecTV, DirecTV is still going to be giving it away for free. Praise!

ST.JPG

Got the same thing on my bill this year !

Question for someone who knows.

Last year was my first year using my nephew's college package deal from DTV.  This year I'm using his son's college email.

What is the proper time to sign up again?  I'm thinking when preseason football starts.  Is that a good time?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.