Sunday Ticket 2022

Jukester

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

getting Redzone with Andrew Siciliano back. 

I know I'm in the minority but I'm not a fan of Big Ears.  He talks over the game announcers too much...all he needs to do is say what game they're going to and shut up.  I find him annoying most times and especially when he does halftime highlights when there are other games going on live.

My directv bill recently jumped to $200 a month. I have the choice Xtra package, which is one of their middle packages. I called to see if I could get my bill lowered and and they said all they could do was remove HBO max. I said cancel my service and all of a sudden there was a $60/month credit they could give me. Tried to get them to throw in the ticket seeing as I've been a customer since 2011 and they wouldn't. I really hate directv and cannot wait until the ticket goes to a streaming service 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Steptide said:

My directv bill recently jumped to $200 a month. I have the choice Xtra package, which is one of their middle packages. I called to see if I could get my bill lowered and and they said all they could do was remove HBO max. I said cancel my service and all of a sudden there was a $60/month credit they could give me. Tried to get them to throw in the ticket seeing as I've been a customer since 2011 and they wouldn't. I really hate directv and cannot wait until the ticket goes to a streaming service 

That's BS.  My wife called to B word about the price hike and she was given the ticket as a "loyalty customer ".  They are crooks and FOS.  They can do whatever they want.

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

As I stated previous, last year I got to Retention department and couldn’t get squat. I called three times last year.

Some have talked about the DVR which I agree is the bomb. However, my base bill is over $100 and we just about never watch it.

Same here, even with said discounts I'm still paying well over $100 bucks and only reason we keep the package we have is for kids channels and some misc crap my wife insists on watching.

It seems like there is some random process DTV uses when selecting people like myself and others that have received this free Sunday Ticket offer without having to haggle further, my only guess it's all the years I've done strategic haggling in the past so they must feel its easier just to give it away without the back and forth negotiation which I'm certainly not complaining about.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Can’t wait for this to go to amazon or apple so I can just pay the price for the ticket. Went streaming a few years ago and am looking forward to getting Redzone with Andrew Siciliano back. 

What does that mean? 

52 minutes ago, nucci said:

as bad as directv is, with rumors that Apple will get it at close to $3B, we won't see any discounts or getting it for free. Will have to get Apple TV for $4.99 a month then whatever they charge for the Ticket....

T mobile gives me my MLB a for free and free apppletv so maybe they will add in free ST!!!!

3 hours ago, nucci said:

as bad as directv is, with rumors that Apple will get it at close to $3B, we won't see any discounts or getting it for free. Will have to get Apple TV for $4.99 a month then whatever they charge for the Ticket....

$4.99 a month and even a $50 increase on the ticket would still be considerate cheaper than what most are paying when you consider DTV monthly subscription.

• Agree 1

We all yell and scream at DIRECTV…me included, but the root problem is the ever increasing salary cap and the contracts the players are signing. It’s a vicious circle that the fans are stuck in.  Just look up the page a few threads and you’ll read about a Left Tackle who wants to get paid $2,000,000 per game! Come on Man! 

42 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

$4.99 a month and even a $50 increase on the ticket would still be considerate cheaper than what most are paying when you consider DTV monthly subscription.

True but now I have to find a replacement for directv....I like watching live TV so Apple subscription alone won't do it. 

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We all yell and scream at DIRECTV…me included, but the root problem is the ever increasing salary cap and the contracts the players are signing. It’s a vicious circle that the fans are stuck in.  Just look up the page a few threads and you’ll read about a Left Tackle who wants to get paid $2,000,000 per game! Come on Man! 

The TV networks and the winner of the Ticket bidding are the reason for the salary cap increases. Don't blame the players. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The stories coming out in the last week or so say that ST will continue to be priced in the $300-400 range because the local networks are worried no one is going to be watching whatever game they have on.  For example, here in the DC area, the local Fox station, which primarily airs the Commanders (still a terrible name BTW) does not want people tuned into the game of their choice via whatever platform ST is on.  Therefore, the NFL will price out all but those who can afford ST.

What's become clear in the last week or so, is that the NFL does not want everyone to have ST.  They want fans to watch whatever game/team is being force fed them on the LOCAL network.  Sure, they'll take $3 billion from Apple/Amazon/Disney/whoever to sell ST, and they'll get it, but the local networks bitching to the NFL about ST has led to an artificial price point not based on supply and demand but based on protecting the local networks/markets.

7 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

The stories coming out in the last week or so say that ST will continue to be priced in the $300-400 range because the local networks are worried no one is going to be watching whatever game they have on.  For example, here in the DC area, the local Fox station, which primarily airs the Commanders (still a terrible name BTW) does not want people tuned into the game of their choice via whatever platform ST is on.  Therefore, the NFL will price out all but those who can afford ST.

What's become clear in the last week or so, is that the NFL does not want everyone to have ST.  They want fans to watch whatever game/team is being force fed them on the LOCAL network.  Sure, they'll take $3 billion from Apple/Amazon/Disney/whoever to sell ST, and they'll get it, but the local networks bitching to the NFL about ST has led to an artificial price point not based on supply and demand but based on protecting the local networks/markets.

I think I agree…but remember what the NFL (players, owners, etc) really wants is as much money as they can possibly make. That doesn’t make them evil. It makes them normal. It will find the appropriate price point. It always does. But depending on how out of hand it gets you may see a shift back to the time where everyone went to the local sports bar. That was me, back in the days before ST. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

SOOO tired of DirecTV and their BS. I have been a customer for more than 15 years and NEVER ONCE was I given any sort of free or discounted Sunday Ticket. I have to call up and haggle and yell at them EVERY YEAR to get something. My mother was even given free ST one year and she doesn't watch football. It gets so annoying to be a longtime loyal customer who gets treated this way and as soon as I can get rid of these %*&&^% I'm going to rip the dish off my roof and send it back to them in small pieces, postage due - it'll be a great day...

Edited by The Avenger

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

That I dumped DIRECTV years ago and am looking forward to being able to get Sunday Ticket again without having to put a satellite dish on my roof. And that I miss redzone with Andrew. 

You could have paid only for the ticket on DTV too. Just do the streaming, like I did last year.

2 hours ago, The Avenger said:

I have to call up and haggle and yell at them EVERY YEAR to get something. 

Maybe if you didn't yell at them, you'd have better success.  Remember you get more bees with sugar than with vinegar...or something stupid like that.

25 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Maybe if you didn't yell at them, you'd have better success.  Remember you get more bees with sugar than with vinegar...or something stupid like that.

Yelling is the wrong term - finagling is more like it. Just the fact that they force me to come begging and negotiating with them is beyond frustrating and in my opinion, absolutely horrific customer service. I'm tired of being a longtime customer and not getting things others are getting - ever.  F those guys.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.