Draft MY guy!

KDIGGZ

They try and tell us to leave it to the professionals, but many of us have done our own research and have come to our own conclusions about who the Bills should draft.

Days 1 and 2 went by and while I trust Beane, they haven't drafted any of MY guys.

Who are some of YOUR guys that you are heartbroken over or will be if the Bills decide not to draft them today?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Calvin Austin

Not necessarily a ‘my guy’ but I wanted WR to be addressed by the end of Day 2, if not in the first round. I also have wanted to see substantially more speed added to the offense both of the past two off seasons. 

Therefor, I guess that makes Calvin Austin a ‘my guy’? 

I think he’s overall too small and not long enough to really make any true impact, but he’s still on the board and he addresses what I’m hoping gets addressed so I’d like to throw a day 3 dart at him

• Like (+1) 1

I wanted a CB in the 1st, Booth specifically, but I obviously will side with the judgement of the professionals. The more I see and read about Elam, the more I like. Who says he can't be better or as good as sauce. We shall see.

I wanted Cook in the 3rd, but we got him late second, so I'm still happy about that.

My only disappointment is not trading up in the second, and allowing the remaining top WR to get gobbled up. If we could of landed Pierce and Cook, I would be over the moon.

Linebacker we drafted was a head scratcher, but the more I read about him, the more it makes sense. We got a lot bigger and stronger on the dline, which allows us to get away with smaller more athletic linebackers. I could see this guy and Milano as the 2 starters next year. This guy seems to be far superior to Edmunds with play speed/instincts. 

Edited by Allen2Moulds

6 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I wanted a CB in the 1st, Booth specifically, but I obviously will side with the judgement of the professionals. The more I see and read about Elam, the more I like. Who says he can't be better or as good as sauce. We shall see.

I wanted Cook in the 3rd, but we got him late second, so I'm still happy about that.

My only disappointment is not trading up in the second, and allowing the remaining top WR to get gobbled up. If we could of landed Pierce and Cook, I would be over the moon.

Linebacker we drafted was a head scratcher, but the more I read about him, the more it makes sense. We got a lot bigger and stronger on the dline, which allows us to get away with smaller more athletic linebackers. I could see this guy and Milano as the 2 starters next year. This guy seems to be far superior to Edmunds with play speed/instincts. 

I wanted a CB so that's fine, but I too wanted Booth.  I think his injury scared them away, that's the only thing I can think of after watching the tapes on both guys.

And I don't have a problem with Cook and the LB but I would have been much happier if it was Cook in the 3rd and that LB in the 4th.  I feel like they should have tried to trade up for Skyy Moore in the 2nd, or someone who people had as a day 1 guy that might have fallen.  Maybe a missed opportunity there.

12 minutes ago, elijah said:

Calvin Austin

Not necessarily a ‘my guy’ but I wanted WR to be addressed by the end of Day 2, if not in the first round. I also have wanted to see substantially more speed added to the offense both of the past two off seasons. 

Therefor, I guess that makes Calvin Austin a ‘my guy’? 

I think he’s overall too small and not long enough to really make any true impact, but he’s still on the board and he addresses what I’m hoping gets addressed so I’d like to throw a day 3 dart at him

Yep, Calvin Austin is MY guy for day 3 based on who is left.  Seems like a no brainer.  The only reason he fell was because he's small but so is another track star in Tyreek Hill and we see what he has done in the league

5 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Punt God completes this roster of nastiness.

Early, big, leads from Josh and co.

Eat clock, pin em deep

Try and go 90 yards on us passing with Von in the mix.

The Penn State guy would suffice as well.  

Yes I'd like one of the top punters.  I'd rather not punt at all but if we have to for some strange reason, we need someone who can boot it through the wind and snow!

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Haven’t we learned to love a positional group, not a player? 

Where's the fun in that?  Go out on a limb and pick your favorite guys.  We don't have all of the facts, sure, but we have a lot more now than ever before and we can form our own opinions.  Pretty much everyone was right about DK Metcalf except for the NFL scouts.  Sometimes the professionals overthink it

My draft would have looked like: NO TRADES...... 

LB Devin Lloyd

WR Jalen Tolbert

OG Dylan Parham

...and we would have a 4th rounder today...

BUT that would have left us without a cornerback...

...and is a glaring reason why I'm not a GM.  :)

I'd have left CB up to fate, and hope that a "good" post-draft CB would be cut from another team...

Just now, Yantha said:

My draft would have looked like: NO TRADES...... 

LB Devin Lloyd

WR Jalen Tolbert

OG Dylan Parham

...and we would have a 4th rounder today...

BUT that would have left us without a cornerback...

...and is a glaring reason why I'm not a GM.  :)

I'd have left CB up to fate, and hope that a "good" post-draft CB would be cut from another team...

I was pretty shocked when they passed up Parham.  Beane said he had a good talk with Cody Ford after the season so he probably wants to give him another shot at G and didn't feel like we needed to draft someone

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

I was pretty shocked when they passed up Parham.  Beane said he had a good talk with Cody Ford after the season so he probably wants to give him another shot at G and didn't feel like we needed to draft someone

Oyy.......  Hope we still draft OG......

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Tbh, I can see why they still have faith in Ford.  His tape at Oklahoma was very good and he fits what Kromer wants to do.  

They probably feel he’s more talented than any of the IOL that were available for us after RD1 and I can’t say I’d blame them.  

Talent doesn’t always transition and that remains to be seen with Ford.  One year left to shed the bust label.  

That said, let’s say he comes in best case scenario and pushes Bates or Saffold… then what… just another guy to add to the list of pending FA’s with Knox, Edmunds, Poyer, Singletary & Saffold.  

I'm happy with the draft so far. IMO Elan and Cook will be starters. Maybe not week 1, but pretty soon into the season. That's 2 starters/significant contributors out of 3 picks so far. Please remember how deep this team is. Can't start every pick, luckily. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I feel the exact same way, even right down to wanting Cook in the third, and for that reason I find your football intellect to be stupendous.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.