Dang! two AFC teams seemed to really help themselves : Jets & KC

Desert Bills Fan

11 hours ago, McBean said:

Every year people say “X” team killed the draft.

Reality is, paper tigers don’t mean crap. We won’t know anything for 3 years.

Besides, we have a guy named Josh Allen. Zero worries for me.

Who four years ago seemed to cause just a tiny bit of buzz and hand wringing among draft experts and fans as an absolutely awful pick.

Today elite QB.

With the draft we never know what we don't know until we actually know.

This is the only certainty with the NFL draft.

It will always be this way. Why people continue to try to fight this certainty never ceases to amaze me.

• Like (+1) 1

I will say this…Jets had an excellent draft based on what we know today before anyone steps on the field.  

But…once they step on the field, they are still the Jets.  How many times did Browns look like they had an excellent draft and then were still the browns.  Also not first time Jets appeared to have a strong draft just to prove they still are the Jets.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Honestly, what prospect was anyone talking about "I can't wait for him to declare for the draft" last year? Starting to think that we've only bothered hyping up Sauce Gardner because no one is really that into baseball yet and the NBA has become a rec league of super teams that rotate rest days so you can't see all of the starts at any given game you buy tickets to. Not only was there no Trevor Lawrence/Andrew Luck this year, but there also wasn't even a Najee Harris-type where you knew he was 1st round talent but you didn't know where they'd fall. No clear draft winner. If you tanked for the first pick this year, you did it wrong. And I hope our rivals did it wrong. I hope they drafted traits and not fit. I hope they took a fan poll and based their picks on it. I hope they called Rex Ryan for his advice on not just the draft, but also footwear. I hope they invested in every stock Jim Kramer recommended. I hope they bought an NFT of a Banksy of a meme coin in an abandoned Spirit Halloween location.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I will say this…Jets had an excellent draft based on what we know today before anyone steps on the field.  

But…once they step on the field, they are still the Jets.  How many times did Browns look like they had an excellent draft and then were still the browns.  Also not first time Jets appeared to have a strong draft just to prove they still are the Jets.  

Wasn’t it 2 or 3 seasons ago where the Brownies were supposed to have THE most talented O in the league after a draft?

• Like (+1) 1

It’s just another reason why the 13 seconds is so painful.  The Bills already did the hard part and got through the season healthy. All they had to do was finish a few seconds.  Jets and Phins had down years in 2021 and we dusted the Pats.  Nowadays teams can flip around and get good overnight.  So the Jets and Phins could be a problem in 2022. 

Edited by zow2

If the Bills took a WR in the top 100 I was hoping it would be Skyy Moore in the 3rd. Otherwise I am not sure the Chiefs had a particularly great draft. At least not compared to the Jets who have had a great 2 days. 

It feels like the Bills have had an unfortunate draft for lack of a better term. I really like Elam. Cook is fine just feels a round too early. I think their board was smoked at the end of the second. A lot of that is circumstantial but there is a part where you have to be prepared for that to happen. 

EDIT: Had not looked at today yet. But I do like the Shakir pick. 

Edited by Mango

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.