Dang! two AFC teams seemed to really help themselves : Jets & KC

Desert Bills Fan

I can guarantee you the Jets are coming away with one of the top draft grades and the Bills will get one of the worst and I can’t disagree with it thus far.  

Elam has a lot of potential and great measurables so I’m optimistic.   Cook is not his brother, has some explosive traits, but goes down from a stiff breeze and WTF was the third round? On paper, I believe the Bills have the worst draft going so far.   For a team that has “the most complete roster in the NFL”, why are you stacking 6th round picks, when you couldn’t protect your 5th rounders last year?  Hopefully, they package them all and don’t make more than 3 more picks. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Jets had the best draft since... the last time the Jets drafted. Lots of big names we will never hear from again.

KC seemingly picked every player I had my eye on as they started to fall towards Bills. Oh well, that's what happens when Miami gives you their entire draft

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

Of course picking that many - early in the draft they should do well - But man those are nice picks.
Jets

1 (4) Ahmad Gardner Cincinnati CB

1 (10) Garrett Wilson Ohio State WR

1 (26) Jermaine Johnson I IFlorida State DE

2 (4) Breece Hall lowa State RB

3 (37) Jeremy Ruckert Ohio State TE

KC

1 (21) Trent McDuffie Washington CB

1 (30) George Karlaftis Purdue DE

2 (22) Skyy Moore Western Michigan WR

2 (30) Bryan Cook Cincinnati S

3 (39) Leo Chenal Wisconsin ILB

who else do you think did well so far?

The Colts 

5 hours ago, Locomark said:

This above is why… Chenal is a run backer only. Does anyone watch Wisconsin? They run and stop then run in a conference filled with running teams. That kid is a power blitzer up the middle that would never cover NFL TEs or RBs….. hopefully the Chiefs trot him out to cover James Cook or our TEs and we will roast him for 200 alone in coverage. 

As long as Cook doesn’t think he’s playing for the National Championship 😎

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I can guarantee you the Jets are coming away with one of the top draft grades and the Bills will get one of the worst and I can’t disagree with it thus far.  

Elam has a lot of potential and great measurables so I’m optimistic.   Cook is not his brother, has some explosive traits, but goes down from a stiff breeze and WTF was the third round? On paper, I believe the Bills have the worst draft going so far.   For a team that has “the most complete roster in the NFL”, why are you stacking 6th round picks, when you couldn’t protect your 5th rounders last year?  Hopefully, they package them all and don’t make more than 3 more picks. 

Relax, Karen

• Thank you (+1) 1

Nick Cross, the safety from Maryland would’ve been my pick in the 3rd. Big guy with some serious speed, would’ve been nice to add that to the secondary. Perhaps Bernard would’ve been available in the 5th.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Yes……Jets won the AFC East and KC won the Super Bowl!

We crushed it in free agency with proven vets like Miller, Saffold, Crowder, Lawson, Howard, Phillips etc. and we some people crying about teams drafting kids that haven’t done one thing in the NFL yet. 

Miller a massive get for sure.  Lawson is a decent retread, Phillips maybe not so much at this point.  Crowder will be a #3 WR. 

I don't think the point of this thread is to cry over over the Jets draft.  They got what appear to be great rookies with their picks.  Every poster here would love those first 4 picks on the Bills roster right now--each one would get significant playing time this year. 

One thing Mike Lombardi taught me years ago about the draft was you see a player available and just wonder how he’s there. Every team have their own personal valuations and medical grades distributed to a player that draftniks and others don’t see.

Do you know who has two of lowest rated drafts of the last 10 years? The Seattle Seahawks and those two drafts where the backbone of their LOB days.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.