Dang! two AFC teams seemed to really help themselves : Jets & KC

Desert Bills Fan

I don't see anything scary about KC.

They drafted a slot corner in Round 1. I guess Jamison Crowder will be shut down in that game... if only we had anybody else to throw to.

Karlaftis is Chris Kelsay. Pretty sure he'll have minimal impact on our offense when we play them.

Skyy Moore is yet another in a long line of mid-tier speed WR drafted by the Chiefs, Hill is the only one who really panned out for them. He's basically a rookie version of Mecole Hardman. I'd guess he has little impact this year.

• Like (+1) 1

as for Jets, Idk Johnson fell for a reason and Breece Hall is a running back. I ain’t scared of no running back including Henry. 

51 minutes ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

Of course picking that many - early in the draft they should do well - But man those are nice picks.
Jets

1 (4) Ahmad Gardner Cincinnati CB

1 (10) Garrett Wilson Ohio State WR

1 (26) Jermaine Johnson I IFlorida State DE

2 (4) Breece Hall lowa State RB

3 (37) Jeremy Ruckert Ohio State TE

KC

1 (21) Trent McDuffie Washington CB

1 (30) George Karlaftis Purdue DE

2 (22) Skyy Moore Western Michigan WR

2 (30) Bryan Cook Cincinnati S

3 (39) Leo Chenal Wisconsin ILB

who else do you think did well so far?

I think the lions did well in the first getting Hutchinson after Jax passed. Then trading up to get Williams by only giving up and 3rd and swapping 2nds. Not sure about their other two picks but pascal has a high RAS

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, 947 said:

I don't see anything scary about KC.

They drafted a slot corner in Round 1. I guess Jamison Crowder will be shut down in that game... if only we had anybody else to throw to.

Karlaftis is Chris Kelsay. Pretty sure he'll have minimal impact on our offense when we play them.

Skyy Moore is yet another in a long line of mid-tier speed WR drafted by the Chiefs, Hill is the only one who really panned out for them. He's basically a rookie version of Mecole Hardman. I'd guess he has little impact this year.

First, the bolded above.  KC has stated they plan to play him on the outside.  They don't see him as a slot corner.

At any rate...I am fairly pleased with what KC did..but no way to know for sure until they get on the field.  

What I do know....just reading twitter and other sites, and so on...All 32 teams could not have possibly "crushed it".  All these prospects are not "freaks"  and so on.  Draft season is the biggest overhype show in the world...Still fun to speculate, and watch and enjoy...but everyone over does it....every year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Taking Bernard over Chenal allowing the Chiefs to get him hurts me on a spiritual level

Chenal is not good in coverage, something the Bills D requires. Bernard is very good in coverage and is a good pass rusher.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaBu said:

Chenal is not good in coverage, something the Bills D requires. Bernard is very good in coverage and is a good pass rusher.

I agree with both of those things, but Chenal is way more than athletic enough to be great in coverage and would’ve had a year to be coached up.

IMO he would’ve been the perfect AJ Klein replacement as a rookie while being groomed to take Edmunds job in 2023.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

I agree with both of those things, but Chenal is way more than athletic enough to be great in coverage and would’ve had a year to be coached up.

IMO he would’ve been the perfect AJ Klein replacement as a rookie while being groomed to take Edmunds job in 2023.

Can’t have any of these LBers challenging Edmunds, c’mon now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

....FWIW....IMO...when you watch Chenal film...the RAS traits didn't translate to on field play as much as you might hope for a guy with this RAS score.  He probably dropped to where he did because he's going to need to be coached up.  I'm not that familiar with how the Bills use Edmonds, but KC is going to play him as the MIKE with Gay as the WILL and Bolton as the SAM.  my guess is that when KC is in big nickel, or dime, that Gay is the one staying on the field most often as he is a very good coverage player.  Chenal will be asked to do what he does best...defend the run..and not asked to cover too much is my guess.  I don't see Chenal is a 3 down LB.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, JaBu said:

This above is why… Chenal is a run backer only. Does anyone watch Wisconsin? They run and stop then run in a conference filled with running teams. That kid is a power blitzer up the middle that would never cover NFL TEs or RBs….. hopefully the Chiefs trot him out to cover James Cook or our TEs and we will roast him for 200 alone in coverage. 

7 minutes ago, Utah John said:

If you give a bad cook the best ingredients in the world, dinner will still taste bad.  Sorry Jets.

hey you leave my ex out of this, she worked that pole as hard as she could to buy organic Whole Foods. Yes she burnt everything and it smelled awful, but you should see what she can do with non-GMO cucumbers!

I didn't love KC's day 1. My thoughts on McDuffie and Karlaftis have been repeated a bunch. 

I do think they had a good day 2 though. Skyy Moore makes a ton of sense in their offense and I was pretty high on Chenal and Cook.

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

....FWIW....IMO...when you watch Chenal film...the RAS traits didn't translate to on field play as much as you might hope for a guy with this RAS score.  He probably dropped to where he did because he's going to need to be coached up.  I'm not that familiar with how the Bills use Edmonds, but KC is going to play him as the MIKE with Gay as the WILL and Bolton as the SAM.  my guess is that when KC is in big nickel, or dime, that Gay is the one staying on the field most often as he is a very good coverage player.  Chenal will be asked to do what he does best...defend the run..and not asked to cover too much is my guess.  I don't see Chenal is a 3 down LB.

I agree for someone as athletic as he is you don't see it translate on his film. But his floor is high because he is a pretty advanced read and react backer vs the run and the athletic ability means there is still some untapped potential in coverage

I didn't like him as a Bills fit because I don't think he plays early in a 4-2-5 base but in a defense where they get 3 linebackers on the field early he is a nice piece.

The Jets have had a nice draft. 
I am just not sure about the coach or QB for them. If you tools the Chiefs coach and QB and paired it with the Jets picks, now I would be concerned. 

Nothing about the Chiefs standouts out as excellent. Skyy Moore is a nice fit for them, other than that I’m not impressed. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.